Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus Accessories

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Did you try a dealer?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I've just realised a lot of those Focus ST's outside my friendly Ford dealer may have been fake :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭sk8board

maidhc wrote:
    Did you try a dealer?

yep :) but it was in Kilkenny, and factory fit bodykits seemed to be a bridge too far.

TBH I think they ARE probably available from Ford dealers (because they are all the same body mouldings), but figured I'd try here first.

colm_mcm wrote:
    I've just realised a lot of those Focus ST's outside my friendly Ford dealer may have been fake :o

I think your right, as I've yet to see an ST in the flesh.
    side-by-side theres no comparison between these ones and the actual ST, but u'll still see them referred to as 'ST-Lookalikes' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

I can't believe people pay those prices for a 1.4 Focus. I drove a 1.6 Sport last year in the UK as a rental, and I thought it dull and lifeless compared to the old model 1.6 which I owned at the time.

The look of the new model is growing on me (esp the 3 door), but overall I much prefer the old model inside and out. I don't know whats going on at Ford at the moment, they look like they've lost the plot a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

before the ST came out, there wasn't that much interest in the new model.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭sneakyST

The kits on those cars are factory fitted and are done by MS Design I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

It is a Dealer fitted accessory. MS Design make it. go into your dealer with the part numbers below. It is a very expensive kit 1300+Vat & fitting

Part No. ***.FO12.04.01KG/GC chrome grill EUR187.20
    ***.FO12.04.01V Front spoiler EUR276.80
    ***.FO12.04.01LR side skirts 3/5 Dr EUR376
    ***.FO12.04.01H rear skirt 3/5 dr EUR256
    ***.FO12.04.01DF roof spoiler EUR172

All prices ex VAT. fitting and spraying is extra.
    prices from the Ford accesories brochure November 05 so have probably gone up by now.

p.s. if you are thinking of changing the factory fit radio, i am selling a wiring harness & Fascia plate
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=5968&cat=45

the standard radio does not do the stock speakers justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

without the st wheels its fairly obvious its not an ST. how much are the big St wheels . Id say thats another 1000 euro at least.

ffocused wrote:
    It is a Dealer fitted accessory. MS Design make it. go into your dealer with the part numbers below. It is a very expensive kit 1300+Vat & fitting

Part No. ***.FO12.04.01KG/GC chrome grill EUR187.20
    ***.FO12.04.01V Front spoiler EUR276.80
    ***.FO12.04.01LR side skirts 3/5 Dr EUR376
    ***.FO12.04.01H rear skirt 3/5 dr EUR256
    ***.FO12.04.01DF roof spoiler EUR172

All prices ex VAT. fitting and spraying is extra.
    prices from the Ford accesories brochure November 05 so have probably gone up by now.

Cheers FFocused, EXACTLY what I was looking for ;o)

You're right, expensive, but at least I can now go to the dealer closeby and see what they have to say...

• Advertisement

tvr wrote:
    without the st wheels its fairly obvious its not an ST. how much are the big St wheels . Id say thats another 1000 euro at least.

Even with the wheels it still wouldn't look like an ST

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

i say it would be pretty close bar the interior the only thing your are missing is the silver lining on the back bumper.

tvr wrote:
    i say it would be pretty close bar the interior the only thing your are missing is the silver lining on the back bumper.

Nah. The front bumper is totally different and the rear , the spoiler, wing mirrors,exhausts and that plastic bit on the rear....maybe to the untrained eye though it could pass.

I agree, its nothing like the ST, but thats why I want it; I don't want my car to look like a fake ST!
    I just think that this MS Design kit finishes the basic car real nice, without being too OTT.

BTW ,heres the MS Design link: http://www.***esignuk.com/show/ford/focus04.shtml
    Its an official link-up between MS and Ford garages Europe-wide

Advertisement