Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6600GT 49.99 brand new.

Options
  • 14-09-2006 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

In PC World, of all places. Posted in Bargin alerts but thought you'd appreciate the heads up here.

Dunno if its nationwide but Galway branch have about 10 left, they've been reducing them in price now for months until today when they hit what surely must be rock bottom.

Funny when you see them selling 6200's and 9600xts for 150 and 250 euro :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

They must be makin a mistake :eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

agp or pci-e?

if they are AGP i have just got a secondary gamin rig :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Sorry, pci-e.

Not a mistake, because they were 99.99 awhile ago, then 79.99, now 49.99...

Stocks have been depleting for ages, they musta honestly had about 100 of them for whatever reason in Galway, but they only had a mere 10 or so left today after this latest insane price.

Who knows, you might even see another price drop in a week or two if they aren't all sold!

Its worth buying a few and selling them on ebay for €80 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Anyone know if theyre doing this in PCWorld carrickmines ? I really need a PCI-E card to keep my going while I RMA my X1900xt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

best thinkg to do is ring up pc world galways, And ask for the sku number ( 6 didigt code ) of the pny 6600gt, then ring up carrickmines and give them the sku, they can find out instantly how many they have left.

I have two of these cards in sli. and i find them great, cool quiet and the same performance as a 6800gt. And almost ultra performance when overlcocked, Although not at high resolutions with aa and af turned on.

Bargin btw,. as i paid 129 each for them last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

FYI...they had a stack of these in Airside PC World last weekend.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

how do they compare to an x800GT ? i've no issues but for €50 it'd be rude not to :D

They are pretty similar, in fact the x800gt beats the 6600gt in some tests and vice versa.

Seeing these 6600gts for 50 euro made me actually wish I had a really crap card, it'd be like an early christmas....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

HavoK wrote:
    They are pretty similar, in fact the x800gt beats the 6600gt in some tests and vice versa.

that's what i thought. damn. seeing as i only play bf2 and source, it's probably not even worth the effort. even if it's no difference, i could flog it off at a profit...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

anyone wanna buy me one... or two and post em to me?? :D

In other cheap graphics card news.......

A X1800XT 256mb is only €180 on overclockers.co.uk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

sli for 100, not freakin bad

they have them in blanch store?? are they 50 in all stores or just the galway store?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

gline wrote:
    sli for 100, not freakin bad

they have them in blanch store?? are they 50 in all stores or just the galway store?

Nope... 129.98. I dunno why they're 50 in Galway. Will have to ask about it.

I think they're all gone now. Didn't get a chance to check this weekend, even though I work right next door to PC World it was closed by the time I got off. It was solely a local offer in the Galway store - the other 6600gt thread in Bargins alerts had a few people saying various dub pc world stores wouldn't budget on their respective in store prices.

I did get one for someone else here on boards though at the 49.99 price, so at least someone got some value outta it :D

Advertisement