Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installing new memory in laptop

• 14-09-2006 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

I'd like to add about 256MB memory (currently only 512MB) to my laptop, to help increase speed of processing. Will it help? (I have an Intel Celeron processor, which is now passé, so my only hope of improving the running of computer is more memory).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Yep it sure will. All my laptop can handle is 512mb maximum, so as much as your laptop can handle and if you have the cash to get some, go ahead and do so. What is the make/model?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Laptop Forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Going from 256, you will definatley notice a difference.

Unless you're using Win98, or something like that...which I don't imagine you are. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭esperanza

It's a Toshiba Satellite 1410- sth.

Can I install the memory myself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

According to Crucial, 512mb is the maximum that laptop can handle which you already have installed or are you moving to 512mb? Regardless you should have no problems installing it yourself, refer to your service manual and it should tell you where the RAM modules are located.

• Advertisement
Advertisement