Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia hard reset shortcode?

• 14-09-2006 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I've been looking around and it says that *#7370# will hard reset my Nokia phone. I've tried it on my Nokia 6230 and it has no effect.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 col1

works on my n70

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

col1 wrote:
    works on my n70
    You didn't just try that now did you? :O

This work / not work for anyone else?

ciaranfo wrote:

Yep

col1 wrote:
    ciaranfo wrote:

Yep
    Tell me you didn't lose your data? :|

:)Nah,Your given an option to proceed or not,I have used it before,
    Its only a soft reset,the hard resest requires keys to be held down
    during power on

• Advertisement

just read this,

The Hard Reset code *#7370# won't work with Series 40 phones. I believe that this code is recognized by Symbian OS-based Series 60/80/90 phones only.

The firmware is not affected by any reset. All that a reset does is reload the original factory phone settings.

@col1
    It wipes everything though - right? As in - there's nothing left on it beyond the basic files needed for the phone to work? It's like you've just got it outta the box?

++ edit - just read your post. posted at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Not speaking for all S60 phones, but the 6680 seems to have two "partitions" on its flash memory. One holds a read-only copy of the firmware, the other holds a read/write copy of the firmware and also your user settings, themes etc.
    A hard format erases the read-write area and copies the firmware from the read-only area to the read-write area. Cant be certain, but its my working theory.

Advertisement