Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting and Transport Forum

Options
  • 14-09-2006 11:01pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

Victor has mass-locked a whole load of threads and has decided to have a discussion on suspected 'intolerence' on this board.

I would like the admins to look at this as I think it is stifling debate, and to be honest makes the board farsical.

Some people on the board appear to have quite extreme views on taxi drivers in particular, views that I wouldn't necessairly share. However a few perfectly legit threads have been locked for merely mentioning an employee (in the indefinite sense, not identifiable) of the transport industry.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

I have to agree with Red, Victor is easily one of the best mods on boards, but he seems to be over-reacting to a couple of heated threads.

I saddened that he felt the need to go this far when a couple of bans would have sufficed.

Surely this goes against the whole spirit of boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

I have to agree with Red, Victor is easily one of the best mods on boards, but he seems to be over-reacting to a couple of heated threads.

I saddened that he felt the need to go this far when a couple of bans would have sufficed.

Surely this goes against the whole spirit of boards?

what he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭SeanW

Victor essentially locked EVERY SINGLE THREAD on the first page of C&T effectively shutting down the forum to make everyone read his rant about "intolerance."

Highly irregular to say the least. Could an admin unlock all those threads please?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,962 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

As far as I can see most of the locked threads contain no controversy at all (or even mention of taxi drivers.)
    Perfectly valid threads containing civil discussion have been locked for no reason.
    Not happy :(

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭SeanW

No, virtually all of those threads were 100% clean. He said he locked them all to bring focus to his thread about intolerance ... it's ridiculous and totally inexcusable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

In fairness he did say:
    Victor wrote:
    Because I would like people to concentrate on this thread for the next 24 hours or so.

Presumably he will unlock all those threads tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

All threads are now unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Considering that the moderation of the Commuting/Transport forum is what, in my opinion, somewhat too "relaxed" at times, this little swing to the right does seem a tad OTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Nothing worng with a little shake-up once in a while :D I think Victor does a great job of moderating this forum...not that he needs vindication from me or anything, just feel it's good to let mods know when they are appreciated instead of being bitched at all the time.

(Pulls tongue out of Victor's a$$):D

Advertisement