Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What are you at sunshine?

Options
  • 14-09-2006 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

So after the threads about the speed cameras on the roadworks at the M50, I was cruising along at 60km exactly in the left hand lane when 3 cars caught up with me, 2 in the overtaking lane and one in between the two on the left hand lane. He starts flashing from a good 30 metres or so back then continues flashing me while he's right up my tail. The two cars in the overtaking lane passed and then he passed me. Seriously though, what are you at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

unless he was a boardsie, you're not gonna get an answer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Same craic on my way home tonight. Guys going ballsitc cos I was sticking to the limit on the inside lane.

Get your own points, ye pr*cks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

But sometimes it happens.

Was joining a dual carriageway the other day. No traffic on the dual carriageway except a motor bike about 100 maybe 150 meters back.

As we joined the motorway, would have been doing near enough 100 KPH. car behind us on the slip road cut across the hatch markings, shot over to the overtaking lane and sped away at speed.

Motor bike rider switched on his flashing blue lights and followed.

Passed the car driver and his new friend stopped on the hard shoulder further down the dual carriageway. :D:D .

Not a great believer in speed traps on motorways, dual carriageways, etc but that motorist deserves everything he gets. Couple of points for speeding, few more for crossing hatch markings and there should be an extra few for not spotting the cop on his bike.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

was he driving a blue MX5? some f**cker was flashing me for no reason at all the other day. He was in the left lane, I drove by him in the overtaking lane and he started flashing me..... wtf!

then he stopped beside me at the lights at the sandyford turn off and didn't even turn around. I seriously wanted to know what he was at.

but I've noticed that people like flashing lights for the sake of it. Lat week I pulled into the overtaking lane when the closest car to me in that lane was about 30meters away not even travelling fast enough to warrant being in that lane let alone to catch up to me... and they'd flash at me for pulling into the lane!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

One of the worst things about these idiots ignoring the speed limit on the M50 is that cars merging onto the mainline are forced to break the speed limit too.

I was driving on the M50 recently at an off peak time and it was horrible sticking to the limit and getting swamped from all directions by morons who were too thick/blind to read the signs and obey the limit. I didn't see anyone getting flashed though. Anyone who flashes another driver for obeying the speed limit in the left hand lane deserves a good smack of a wheelbrace across the face.

I have been flashed before for obeying the limit though. Eg when there were roadworks on the N4 near mullingar (single carriageway each way with cones marking out the lanes during the roadworks) Speed limit was 60 km/h which I was sticking too. Next thing some ugly fat pig in a white van drives right up behind and starts flashing his lights. What'd he expect me to do, speed up and break the limit just cause he was in a hurry? Maybe he expected me to drive onto the cones to let him past. That was a couple of years ago with any luck the **** has had to be scraped off the front of a lorry in the meantime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hehe, yeah it's pretty funny in them one lane road work situations sticking to the low limits with a big trail behind you. I'll still be doing it when I get my Murcielago, that'd be gas:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

and when I get mine I'll be flashing at you for driving to slow cormie... only messin.

Advertisement