Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadcom IEEE 802.11b-g Wireless Internal Mini PCI Card

Options
  • 14-09-2006 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

hi i bought a Broadcom IEEE 802.11b-g Wireless Internal Mini PCI Card on ebay a few weeks ago. the problem is it didnt come with a driver and i cant find one anywhere. does anyone know a place to get it?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

inode wrote:
    hi i bought a Broadcom IEEE 802.11b-g Wireless Internal Mini PCI Card on ebay a few weeks ago. the problem is it didnt come with a driver and i cant find one anywhere. does anyone know a place to get it?
    Broadcom make a lot of different chips - do you have a more specific model number?

A quick google turns up this likely looking source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

i actually found one after a long time of digging. thanks

on another note the signal is very weak. im 2feet from the router and im on low. anything i can do about this?

inode wrote:
    i actually found one after a long time of digging. thanks

on another note the signal is very weak. im 2feet from the router and im on low. anything i can do about this?
    Try the laptop somewhere else (a Netcafe or wireless hotspot for example) and see if the problem is with the router or with the LAN card.

well i have another computer on my WLAN and its got full signal. someone said something about laptops having built in antennas. this is the first internal wifi card i got for the dell inspiron 5160. there was two wires beside the mini pci slot ( maybe they hook up to it?)

• Advertisement

inode wrote:
    Cool. I'll have to remember that if I ever need to add an aftermarket LAN card to a laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

The antennae run around the side of the LCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

You might be better off connecting the leads before you put the card into the slot if they are long enough , less change of damaging the connectors/card/slot/stuff on main pcb under card.

Advertisement