Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank security

Options
  • 14-09-2006 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Is it possible for someone to withdraw money from my bank account with my bank details? If so, what can I do to prevent this from happening (apart from not giving my bank details to any tom, dick or harry)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭xha1r

They'll ask for ID if you're only providing name, DOB, address etc.

Although they didn't ask me when I was younger (12-17), but said the maximum I could withdraw was €15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

contract your branch and ask them to flag your account for extra security

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Yep, they should be able to set a 'watchdog' on your account. BOI had one on my credit card and as I often use it with Paypal, they blocked it one night because of a large amount charged. Of course it was still my order but they called me and wanted to know it was mine before letting it go through. I had them do the same on my regular current account also. Good to know whats going on with your money. :)

Advertisement