Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mens Skincare...

• 15-09-2006 1:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭

I'm was looking at the Loreal Men Skincare range and it seems good.. I was looking at the facewash and the cream for black rings under your eyes becuase I always eem to have those dreaded black rings.. Has anybody tried any of the men expert range? if it's not up to the standard what else would you people recommend??

Thanks,

Hakko

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 JuiceC

Hakko,

My current favourites are:

face wash - zirh clean (smells great, last forever)
    after shave/mosturiser - proraso eucalyptus cream (miracle cooling cream)
    eye gel - menaji 911 (pack your bags!)

Best of luck

JC

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Manaris

I used to use the entire L'Oreal range (cleanser, moisturiser, eye cream, shave gel etc)...
    Found that it didn't really do much for my skin tbh. There isn't anything wrong with it as such; it didn't cause my skin to get worse or anything, I just didn't see any noticeable improvement (I used it regimentally for about 9 months).

I started using the full range of Baxter of California products (Cleanser, toner, moisturiser, eye cream, face scrub, clay mask, night cream) about 3 months ago, and the improvement in my skin has been dramatic to say the least. I used to have really bad black circles under my eyes, but after 3 months of using their under-eye complex, these have all but disappeared(the l'oreal cream did nothing for these btw).

I really believe in "you get what you pay for". While the L'Oreal range is by no means cheap, and is without a doubt better for your skin than soap and water, I just don't think it's in the same league as the more "salon grade" products such as Baxter, Zirh, Bullie, Menaji, etc.

Of course, it also comes down to your own skin. What works for me might be useless for you and vice versa. I tried a number of different products before settling on Baxter, and I have a mate who tells me Baxter is crap and swears by Zirh (which I found useless for the most part!). It's also important that you know your skin type and buy products accordingly. I also think (and this was recommended to me by a beautician) that whatever products you use should as much as possible be from the same range (they are designed to complement each other). The only non Baxter product I use is Zirh Fix blemish control gel (brilliant stuff for dealing with breakouts - the one Zirh product that works a treat for me.)

I buy my stuff off 4men.ie, and you always get samples of other products with your order. Maybe order something relatively small off them and try out the samples and see what suits you?

Hope that helps!

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I agree with Manaris, you have to try a few different brands and see what you like. Personnally I like Clinique, again you'll pay for it, but it's worth it.

Why not go to a Loreal counter, in somewhere like Debenhams where they can advise on the range they have?

Advertisement