Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cab files for windows mobile

• 15-09-2006 2:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

hi.
    is it possible to get the cab file for ANY given windows mobile app.

i've have been able to get a lot of cab files for wm apps but there are a still a fair few apps where i can never seem to find its cab file.

for example is it always possible to access/save the cab file while installing the .exe file from a pc via activesync.

any info would be great.
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

mkennedy wrote:
    hi.
    is it possible to get the cab file for ANY given windows mobile app.

i've have been able to get a lot of cab files for wm apps but there are a still a fair few apps where i can never seem to find its cab file.

for example is it always possible to access/save the cab file while installing the .exe file from a pc via activesync.

Essentially, no.

It's down to the way the software developer packages it. Yes, you could argue, the cab is stuck somewhere inside a Windows XP executable, but I don't think you can "extract" it. That's what the executable is for :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

You can do this. This is what I always do. For any app that only has install via activesync, run it without having your PPC attached via activesync. You will see where the app is installed, usually Program Files\appname and you will get a message saying that it will be installed next time you connect via Activesync. If you look in the install directory you will see the cab file you need along with a few other files that are not needed. Just copy the cab file and delete the directory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

ok.
    thanks lads.
    i'll try that next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

That's great to know, thanks for that.

Ya learn something new every day. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

after u run the install as jester is saying, if u cant see it in c:\program files\app name, check c:\program files\microsoft activesync folder. it should be in there. u can copy that cab file then...

• Advertisement

great.
    thanks a lot.
    hopefully that'll work for all apps.

Spipov wrote:
    after u run the install as jester is saying, if u cant see it in c:\program files\app name, check c:\program files\microsoft activesync folder. it should be in there. u can copy that cab file then...

thanks.
    and for the more elusive cab files which cannot be found here i have found that they can sometimes be found in documents and settings>local settings> temp.

Advertisement