Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where did the reply go?

Options
  • 15-09-2006 7:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I posted in a thread yesterday and received an email last night telling me there was a reply. When I clicked the link this morning, the reply was gone? I refreshed the page and ti's still not there.

Was there a database rollback last night? The link to the thread is here.

Just curious rather than complaining.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I don't see any deleted reply. Where a forum mod deletes a post, it's still visible to admins, smods and local mods. Unless an admin or an smod deleted the post and specifically set it to vanish completely, there isn't a post that has been deleted. I rather doubt the latter action was taken by an admin or smod.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Well it was there and it's not there now, unless the boards reply notification system is acting very strangely and making stuff up!!! Can you explain this? There is no reply from santosubito in the thread but the automatic email says there is!
    Dear r3nu4l,

santosubito has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Daily Ireland - gone - in the News / Media forum of boards.ie.

This thread is located at:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054987909&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
    Funny, it was the Irish Times that put the photo of teenage girls in mini skirts on the front page today...

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
    boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Never mind. Just spotted that flogen removed the reply from santosubtio and used it to generate a new thread.

Strange that there is no log of that happening. Anyway, thanks for looking sceptre, another satisfied boardsie ;) Feel free to lock/delete this thread.

Advertisement