Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Beginner] Advice/help needed

Options
  • 15-09-2006 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Never been into the jogging thing before but am thinking about giving it a go and need some advice. I have all-purpose sports trainers that I use on the treadmill etc. in the gym but want to buy some new ones if I am going to get serious about jogging.

So what should I look for in a serious jogging shoe. I'm obviously going to build up slowly but I want a shoe designed for distance, not cross-country or anything like that, just lots of laps of the local parks and the like.

I'm using orthotics (sports variety) in all my footwear due to fallen arches and subsequent shin splints (following years of wearing military footwear), should I be even thinking about jogging?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭harrier

r3nu4l wrote:
    So what should I look for in a serious jogging shoe.

Notwithstanding the "serious jogging" oxymoron, a reasonable starting point for choosing running shoes is runnerworld.co.uk

If you're worried about how you're feet will hold up go to a sports shoe shop owned and run by a knowledgable runner. Only look for a cheaper supplier when you've worn out the first pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭jasonb

Check on the 'Where to buy shoes' thread on this site...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054976734

This talks about where to buy shoes, and recommends a place in Bray, which I have to say is well worth a visit, especially if you need good shoes to support your feet / fallen arches etc.

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Thanks guys, sounds good although I won't be back in Ireland until Christmas and will have bought a new pair before then (I hope).

Thanks for the advice, I'll get looking :)

Advertisement