Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Hard dick recorder that plays AVI's???

Options
  • 15-09-2006 9:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi all,

I bought a Sony Hard 160 GB Hard disk DVD recorder last night in power city and I was told it would play AVI's. When I got home and spent an hour setting it up I find out it does not play AVI's.... I am going to bring it back tonight to get my money back.

My question is : Does anyone know a good DVD Hard dick recorder that will play avi's?

Thanks

a very frustrated consumer....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Try as I might, I cant get my dick to play .avi's either

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

What did the guy look like who sold it to you?? (what branch)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

CiaranC wrote:
    Try as I might, I cant get my dick to play .avi's either
    Perhaps it isn't 'hard' enough?
    Is it at least 160Gb, that's important too?

A dick of insufficient hardness or size is most frustrating, believe me!
    I'd suggest that the software should be upgraded to firmware, or for best results, to hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Bastack wrote:
    Hi all,

I bought a Sony Hard 160 GB Hard disk DVD recorder last night in power city and I was told it would play AVI's. When I got home and spent an hour setting it up I find out it does not play AVI's.... I am going to bring it back tonight to get my money back.

My question is : Does anyone know a good DVD Hard dick recorder that will play avi's?

Thanks

a very frustrated consumer....
    Theres alot of different type of video that uses the avi format. What is the model number of the player you bought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Bastack

:D

I bought a RDR - HX720 and the guy in the shop told me that it would play AVI files! Lying Son of a B&&ch.......

And some nice jokes there on the spelling ......... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭drive3331

Hehe...what a thread title:)

Was checking the specs for the DVD recorder.
    It should play DivX/Xvid encoded avi files.

Are you trying to play unencoded/raw avi files?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

What drive said. Uncompressed AVI files are huge and impractical to put on DVD. Make sure your file is Xvid or Divx format.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

drive3331 wrote:
    Hehe...what a thread title:)

What's funnier is that he used the same spelling in the rest of the post. LMAO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

Rovi wrote:
    Perhaps it isn't 'hard' enough?
    Is it at least 160Gb, that's important too?

A dick of insufficient hardness or size is most frustrating, believe me!
    I'd suggest that the software should be upgraded to firmware, or for best results, to hardware.

ROFL. classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Bastack wrote:
    :D

I bought a RDR - HX720 and the guy in the shop told me that it would play AVI files! Lying Son of a B&&ch.......

And some nice jokes there on the spelling ......... :D
    AVI is only a container format, what matters is the method of compression used. Technically, he didn't lie, he wasn't specific enough, or just didn't know the difference.

Advertisement