Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registered Post - item damaged.. any comeback?

Options
  • 15-09-2006 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭

Sold a phone in perfect working order here on Boards and sent it off via registered post earlier this week.. had it securely packaged in it's original box and put in a slightly bigger box with bubble wrap around it - it was secure! The buyer recieved it and says he had nothing but problems with it - the joypad breaking off it and such.

The phone was in absolute perfect working condition and securely packaged when it left me so it must have happened in An Post's own hands.

Just clarifying i assume insurance on registered post is only valid for items lost in transit... correct? Not much i can do, is there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

If the packaging was damaged when they got it they could have a case as long as they didn't sign for it. Or detailed the damage there. best to ring anpost and ask.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

basquille wrote:
    Sold a phone in perfect working order here on Boards and sent it off via registered post earlier this week.. had it securely packaged in it's original box and put in a slightly bigger box with bubble wrap around it - it was secure! The buyer recieved it and says he had nothing but problems with it - the joypad breaking off it and such.

The phone was in absolute perfect working condition and securely packaged when it left me so it must have happened in An Post's own hands.

Just clarifying i assume insurance on registered post is only valid for items lost in transit... correct? Not much i can do, is there?

What about the buyer - could they be having you on ?

Bad an all as An Post are I regularly get unprotected CDs through the post without any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

parsi wrote:
    What about the buyer - could they be having you on ?
    Possibly.. but he's still willing to pay me for it so it's fairly decent of him.

But had a bad incident with An Post yesterday, i work as a programmer but we also deal with computing hardware and after fixing two very tricky sensitive handheld devices and had them packaged in a tight envelope with plenty of bubble wrap when i brought them into the post office yesterday and i handed them to the woman to send them off, she took them both and just threw them behind her into a crate.. i actually heard a loud thud as the crate was relatively empty at the time! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

basquille wrote:
    Possibly.. but he's still willing to pay me for it so it's fairly decent of him.
    she took them both and just threw them behind her into a crate.. i actually heard a loud thud as the crate was relatively empty at the time! :mad:

I went post office other day to pick up two very big boxes had 4 lights big HPS one's I bought them to resell when I went there the guy picked up one box no joking he was 5,7 or whatever and just threw it on ground when I got back every light was broke he didnt even bend down to put box on ground I said it to him go easy with that expensive stuff is in them he said Oh sorry I have a bad back €350 worth of lights smasked I felt like going up hitting the ****. Very bad service.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

basquille wrote:

Thats fair alright

But had a bad incident with An Post yesterday, i work as a programmer but we also deal with computing hardware and after fixing two very tricky sensitive handheld devices and had them packaged in a tight envelope with plenty of bubble wrap when i brought them into the post office yesterday and i handed them to the woman to send them off, she took them both and just threw them behind her into a crate.. i actually heard a loud thud as the crate was relatively empty at the time! :mad:

Well it isn't as if they gently carry every sack from the office to the van to the sorting desk and then back to another van - they'd never get anything done.

I doubt if DHL is any better - we got a Cisco Power Supply one day (3000w monster) and the edge of it was crushed in transit. A friend was telling me that DHL destroyed two different tables he sent in their fctory packing (and extra). Indeed the guy installing the PSU told me that they had a fully stacked chassis delivered to a site complete with two holes where the forklift had punctured it...

Seems like no-one really cares any more..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Did you put a value on it, basquille?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ruu wrote:
    Did you put a value on it, basquille?
    Yep, put €80 on it.

Don't think there's much that can be done about it.. apparently the phone worked for a while but then just gave out. So can't specifically prove it was An Post (though i have more than suspicions that it was)

Advertisement