Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Aldi CD/Bluetooth/MP3/etc Player

Options
  • 15-09-2006 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭

Im thinking if buying this from Aldi on sunday.

http://www.aldi.ie/special_buys2/product_381.html

I have a xsara with the cd/radio controls on the steering wheel. also there is a screen seperate to the radio which shows the song number, volume etc. Anybody now if these will still work with the new radio?

Any help here much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Highly unlikely - generally, in my experience, you can get the required adaptor leads for Sony, Pioneer, JVC and a couple of other major brands. Unless this is a rebadged version of one of those, and there's nothing to suggest that it is, then you may well be disappointed. Check adverts.ie - there may be a stereo there that's more suitable for your needs.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

i've heard stories that the radios the do tend to over heat and be rubbish generally but have no expierence with one myself. you can get leads as sated to use controls from the cars original unit with main makes as stated but they can be very expensive. €50+.

Best option is to spend a little more and get a good recognised brand that shouldnt give any trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭tyney

I bought one, so did my brother. The first one seemed to work fine, but wouldn't switch off the radio when a phone call came through. to be fair, they exchanged it-no questions asked. I've only been using it for a day so far, but the aux input on the front is a handy gadget and although you have to speak up a bit to be heard on the phone, it's better than being caught talking on your handset. Mp3 player works fine. It's no worse than the sony I took out. I probably have a very uneducated musical ear, but unless you are driving a lexus, the road noise takes over eventually. I've kept the sony for when it breaks. Iso connections are great. No more spending hours with a meter, tape and strip connectors

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Best option is to spend a little more and get a good recognised brand that shouldnt give any trouble.

Biggest load of sh1t ive ever heard. I bought a Tevion one for 80euro a few months back and have it on my boat. Now generally my boat does be hopping 2-3ft out of the water, much worse shock than in a car and it works fine.

The sound quality is good for an 80euro stereo, and it reads MP3 cd's, CD cards and has a USB in... I mean, for 80quid its excelletn value

As for the latest 129.99euro one, bought one yesterday and im well impressed. Sure a car kit would cost ya 100euro, and you have wires all over the place. I had a clarion MP3 CD stereo which was excellent sound quality, and the latest Aldi one isint far off

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Picked up one myself a while ago. Now I just need to find the cheapest place to get fascia/adapters for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement