Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cargiant and others..

Options
  • 15-09-2006 11:02am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

www.cargiant.ie
    Anybody see this site. Car giant relly going after the Irish punters because of the rip off they have here. They provide all the handy links and info on how to import your car.

Looking to do this next year. Going to sell my MG ZR for a Toyoata Celica, MR2 or maybe a BMW.

Are there any other places in or around london with better prices then car giant. I read on here previously that they are not the cheapest.
    Do those cars come with a Warenty/Service Gaurantee.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

A very informative site.I was there before myself.Some amount if used cars and most of them in top condition and seperated by brands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

not a lot of stock though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

steve06 wrote:
    not a lot of stock though

5000 cars, not alot of stock? Make sure you have "Display All Results" when searching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Was out there myself earlier this year.. make sure you know what you want before you go, theres literally acres of cars... and is probably one of the best places for high-spec A4s, golfs, passats and bmws... all of which they have hundreds of.
    Can be very busy at the weekend, and hard to grab a salesman to take a test drive... generally they're as helpful as they can be though, I never got the hard sell even after three test drives in various olf gt tdis.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Does it come with a waranty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I just had a quick look at some of the VW prices - they're a lot more expensive than eBay.

Tipsy Mac wrote:
    5000 cars, not alot of stock? Make sure you have "Display All Results" when searching.
    Well compared to 48000+ on carzone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

steve06 wrote:
    Well compared to 48000+ on carzone

But Carzone displays a all dealers using the database.Car Giant is one entity

oh right ye, multi franchise or something. Would be great if they got other dealers into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

they're not multi franchise... they are just a second hand car dealer with 5000+ cars....

you might pay slightly over what you would pay elsewhere with some searching and haggling... but they will have multiple versions of what you want so you can even pick a nice colour!

• Advertisement

I was just wondering cos I rana search for my car and they don't have any.. only standard spec versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

www.fow.co.uk near holyhead great spot for Ford and Vauxhalls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

steve06... i guess they stick to cars they can shift quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

yeah these guys are great. Plenty of good quality second hand stuff. Its one of the biggest car supermarkets I've been to. Hoping to buy something from them early next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Seems good enough in general. Would the cars be 100%genuine, i`d always be weary of high spec low mileage A4`s/Passats/Mondeos etc especially in diesel form.

They`ve no decent 3rd golf tdi unless you want a horrible mark5. All the cars sem to be very new yokes, 04 and 05`s not many `01/02 models.

Only 1 focus 3rd in the 1.8turbo diesel model, thought they were plentiful over there. They might have 5000 stock but they seem no better for sourcing hard to get-ish models.

http://www.cargiant.ie/cars/search3.asp?Id=287225
    Is that a good price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Step 2: "Pay at our giant car supermarket in London. We supply the export slip."

I nearly bought from them 2 months ago. Phoned up about car that was in stock that I really liked. But I couldn't pay a deposit over the phone by Visa etc. ONLY WAY TO PAY A DEPOSIT IS IN PERSON, IN LONDON. Hardly convenient.

Phoned a mate in London that evening, asking him to drop in with the deposit the next day. He went in the next day and they had sold the car.

Advertisement