Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CBG or Carzone

Options
  • 15-09-2006 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

So I am trying to sell my car at the moment. I know that the first person to see it and knows what they want will buy it but its trying to find that person! Since the start of august I have been advertising in the CBG and its a premium add and it has got 47 views. Most of them are probably me checking how many times people have looked at it.

So I reckon I will try carzone when my add runs out at the end of the month.

what would you guys use?

Mick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭themessiah

to be honest mike it probably wont make any difference nissan primera's are notoriously hard to shift . no one seems to wont one a few years old An 03 would go through trade around the 10000 mark so i think your abit overpriced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Crosshair

Try the buy and sell, personally i dont have any faith in cbg or carzone (used both about 10 times earlier this year) , firstly the prices are way overinflated, i cant see any private seller getting close to dealer prices and even CBG has garage ads on 03's ak 11-12k so allowing for straight sale 11k from garage theres little chance of getting a reply on 14k private advert, if you want to sell ad it at 11.5k-12k (sorry for being so straight)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

well on carzone you can renew it for free after the month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Wouldn't bother with CBG anyway, have a friend who used to work for them and there is apparently a room full of staff in CBG just going through Buy & Sell & Autotrader cold calling sellers trying to get them to sign up with CBG, apparently they are known to literally bully people into taking an ad, I know a girl who they called and she didn't have any credit on her credit card and they were basically demanding that she make a payment to her credit card company to get her balance down so she could pay them for an ad that she didn't even want to take in the first place... Beware...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I sold a car with carzone a few months ago, it took patience but I got there after a month and I think their service is not even comparable with CBG !
    Carzone, you can keep it there for as long as you like and the text options are generous and once you take decent enough pics yourself away you go :) And of course you get an email from any prospective punters which some people prefer to do instead of getting caught on the phone.

Id stick with carzone chief, you could also post the link on www.adverts.ie :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭darkbeatz

thanks for the replies people I will bear all that in mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭the_batman

You could also use micksgarage.com. They have a free "Sell your car" service.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think you seriously need to review your price.

I know someone who bought a 2002 Primera (current model) a couple of weeks from a garage with a 12 month warranty for €9.5k. Unfortunately the Primera depreciates really bad.

Also you may want to take a few better photos of the car. Maybe wash and polish the car, have it gleeming for the photos, you would be surprised how this can make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

When dealers have similar cars for €9,950
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=500966

You just don't have a hope of selling at €14,000! Sorry!

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement