Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Game is your Favourite?

Options
  • 15-09-2006 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

So

Which of the Final Fantasy games do you guys like best?

FFVII
    FFVIII
    FFIX
    FFX
    FFX-2 ????? and why?

Which of the FF games is your Favourite?? and Why? 101 votes

Final Fantasy VII
    0%
    Final Fantasy VIII
    69%
    de5p0i1erMemnochPuckAnimaSamuraiRaskolnikovKalinaseanosCrucifixjinxedRngerT-b0n3SeifercarbonkidCinaHipposenordingdongevad_lhorgJuan Pablomp3guy 70 votes
    Final Fantasy IX
    10%
    ZaphokawaiiPatricidePrufrockDarkJagerBlack JackJuza1973MalmedicineBladerunner*joeybloggsTheresalwaysone 11 votes
    Final Fantasy X
    8%
    realitysweet-rasmusseraphimvcBurning EclipseAsmodeanDaXiSadamcpbildSelphie 9 votes
    Final Fantasy X-2
    10%
    weemcd4XcutFlexfacemanThe_Hustlerim...LOSTFresh2000GuineaSmyth182shockwaveSkiesonfire19 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Final Fantasy VIII
    You are going to be mauled for leaving out FF6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Black Jack

Final Fantasy IX
    Crucifix wrote:
    You are going to be mauled for leaving out FF6.

Well truth be told i did enjoy FFVI but, im only looking to the ones ive included purely cause of their style , nothing against FFVI, great wee game,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Final Fantasy VIII
    Black Jack wrote:
    Well truth be told i did enjoy FFVI but, im only looking to the ones ive included purely cause of their style , nothing against FFVI, great wee game,
    I wouldn't have picked it myself anyway :D
    I went for seven. An amazing game, was like nothing I'd ever seen at the time, and nothing has topped it for me since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Black Jack

Final Fantasy IX
    i agree was great game 7, i loved it simply cause i couldnt put it down. what a game, and led me onto the whole series

personally i loved 8 though, for its characters and the interaction between CG and in game .

anyway its all good!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Flex

Final Fantasy X-2
    X. I used to like VIII most (having played 8 and 7, and some of 9 before quickly stopping it), but I got X a few months ago and thought it was great; storyline, music, ending and some of the characters (especially Auron :D ) were class. There were alot of cut scenes but I liked that aspect of it tbh, really built up the story I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I'd place VI as my favourite, sans doubt. I'm pretty fond of X-2, IX and V but I'm not going to palce them in order of preference.

I can't understand why anyone would place VIII as their favourite. I bought that bloody thing years and years ago and I still haven't quite completed it, such is my disinterest in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭joenailface

Final Fantasy VIII
    im kinda tied with 7 and 8 on that one, though 4 and 5 would probably be my favs of the whole series. My vote goes to 7 though, just because i love it :D i dunno why people bash 8 though, it had such fantastic gameplay...the storys quite **** (specially at the end 'only friendship can let you travel through time to defeat the sorceress in the future who is trying to go back to the past to destroy the present') seriously though if they employed that engine again in another game it could be fantastic...oh well square enix's fan service seems to be for 7 only

I thought the gameplay was woeful, the game was easier if you just ran away from battles instead of fighting them. Plus the battle system was really slow and sluggish. Quistis for example takes about an hour to dance over to an enemy and then takes off about 3 points of damage. The junctioning system was only good if you didn't know what to do with it, once you grasped and fully understood the system it was insta-pwn from there on in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've actually given this a lot of thought lately and I've come to the conclusion the FFVI is the best Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy VII is great fun and the characters are fabulous but the story is a bit of a mess especially coming towards the end, you can tell it was a rush job.

FFVI had excellent characters (and lots of them), great storyline with a fantastic twist and was a lot darker than many RPGs. The second half of the story was amazing. And of course there is Kefka the best bad guy in a videogame other than Suikoden 2's Luca Blight. He is a far better character than Sephiroth ever was, he just oozes instanity and evil.

I'd rate FFX very highly, quite simply an awesome game. FFIX was very enjoyable and had great characters despite a weak story. FFVIII while it was good fun it had a terrible battle system, crap story and disgraceful characters that you just don't care about. I hated FFX-2.

I'd rate Final Fantasy Tactics (the PS1 game not the rubbish GBA title) very highly as well. Great story and characters, really dark and violent and one of the toughest videogame challenges ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭DaXiS

Final Fantasy X
    Not even going to put up XI?
    Apart from that, my fav is IX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Final Fantasy VIII
    VII definatly.
    Though, the changes brought about in FFVIII, made me lose alot of interest, which subsequently stopped me bothering with the rest of the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Final Fantasy X
    ok........anyone here play games before PS release?:mad:

how can you leave out FF6???!:(

if u love FF because of its CG,u r not really a fan of FF.:rolleyes:

if u ever play 3~6(at least),you will know the true meaning of FF.
    all those theme songs,characters,stories,summons......emm.......dreamy.......:)

well,since there is no FF6 in the vote.my vote goes for ff9.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Final Fantasy VIII
    Ive gotta feeling VII is gonna absolutly spank the rest of the games in the poll :D
    VII definatly.
    Though, the changes brought about in FFVIII, made me lose alot of interest, which subsequently stopped me bothering with the rest of the games.

Agreed, althought the game did have quite a few good points.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Final Fantasy VIII
    It did.
    Personally, I'm not fond of re-playing long games, including the rest of the FF series...but FFVII is one that I never tire of re-playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Final Fantasy VIII
    VII is my favorite. Brilliant story, brilliant characters and brilliant materia system. Although VIII is growing on me (I'm replaying it atm).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Final Fantasy VIII
    Ive played FF7 for the first time on emulator early this year, and was blown away at how ahead of its time it was. Amazing stuff. Currently playing FF8 now on emulator, so far it doesnt come close to 7. A lot say 6 is the best? I may look into this...

EDIT: Just realised that X2 didnt get any votes. Great job people!!! :D

DarthWraak wrote:

EDIT: Just realised that X2 didnt get any votes. Great job people!!! :D

I'll soon remedy that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Final Fantasy VIII
    I'm another VII fanboy. Absolutely awesome game, never played anything like it before or afterwards. Replaying it for the fourth time at the moment, can't get enough of it.

Excellent story, characters, and the music is by far the best in any game I've ever played. There's something about Tifa's theme...

VII for the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Final Fantasy VIII
    grimloch wrote:
    I'll soon remedy that.

lol grimloch :D

x2 is the best. STFU anyone who disagrees!!!!!!!!!!111111one

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Roonels

Final Fantasy VIII
    I must say final fantasy filled so many rainy (and blissfully sunny!!!) days for me! surely the best value for money? maybe about 60-70 hours! but the question needed answering is, what is in fact the best final fantasy and who is your fav character?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Givin that 7 is so popular, I was suprised that no earlier versions were included in the poll. Great series though, truely stunning games in every sense.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Merged for being utterly pointless since we already had a poll about a month ago and you didn't include FFVI.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Roonels

Final Fantasy VIII
    well its gotta be VII....i mean wat a piece of gaming quality! the characters were simply savage! ill never forget when aeris got killed...i swear it hurt! i couldnt beleive and had to put down the controller to take it all in! if thats not a good game i dont know what is!!! they should make a movie from it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Ehh, you left one of the greatest (VI) out of your poll :/

...... please explain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Final Fantasy VIII
    V was clearly the greatest!

X-2 tbh.

grimloch wrote:
    X-2 tbh.

Even though you are joking you deserve to be eviscerated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭adamcp

Final Fantasy X
    hmmm out of those I'd actually IX was myfavourite, dunno just liked the hcaracters and the stroy a lot more. VII was good and my second favourite, never got into VIII liek the rest of them, X just seemed too easy and as if squareenix just wanted to try and get more fans as it was the first on a next-gen console one for newbies but not for veterans, and well X-2 was just plain old boring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Final Fantasy VIII
    VII completely dominated my life for the few weeks that I played it. Once I picked-up the controller it was very hard to stop playing. I mean, if you wanted to take a break from the main storyline you could simply travel around the map to different cities and partake in the side-games.

The longest I spent playing it was for about 15 hours non-stop but I'm sure there are others out there that have done better (or worse as it might be!)?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Bladerunner*

Final Fantasy IX
    FF8 without a doubt everything about the game screams class.everything from the characters to the ending even the draw system which took a while to get used to but when ye did the possibilaties were endless....

many an hour wasted to it but all worth it:D

Advertisement