Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vodafone sim on unlocked o2 xda atom?

• 15-09-2006 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

hi.
    can anyone tell me if there is any problem using a vodafone sim card on an unlocked o2 xda device, specifically the o2 xda atom?

in other words will the o2 branded software and the vodafone sim card not play nice.
    e.g would some of the gprs/mms/email settings etc be unusable on an o2-branded phone with the vodafone network?

obviously a lot of ye here have o2 xda's e.g the o2 xda IIi/IIs/mini/mini s/exec etc and presumably some of ye are with vodafone.

so what's your experience: does the o2 branding/software muck things up on the vodafone network?

if so, is it at all possible to get around this by rebranding/reflashing the firmware of an unlocked o2 xda?

any help appreciated.
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Hi there

have a mini s (as you should know!), no problems using vodafone sim, able to use vodafone isp and vodafone mms with know problems.you can turn off the o2 branding and software by hard resetting and selecting corporate mode by entering the pin 0506,honestly it doesnt effect the usage!the only problem by selecting corporate mode is that you have to install the mms software yourself(its easy to find).even with the the normal mode the o2 software doesnt effect the vodafone settings so....chillax!
    you have to cid unlock the phone to put different roms, but unfortunity your device is an o2 atom so there are not any variations of your device from different service providers, unlike o2 mini s/ i-mate kjam,o2 xda IIs/i-mate pda2k etc etc

regards
    damo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

damo86 wrote:
    Hi there

have a mini s (as you should know!), no problems using vodafone sim, able to use vodafone isp and vodafone mms with know problems.you can turn off the o2 branding and software by hard resetting and selecting corporate mode by entering the pin 0506,honestly it doesnt effect the usage!the only problem by selecting corporate mode is that you have to install the mms software yourself(its easy to find).even with the the normal mode the o2 software doesnt effect the vodafone settings so....chillax!
    you have to cid unlock the phone to put different roms, but unfortunity your device is an o2 atom so there are not any variations of your device from different service providers, unlike o2 mini s/ i-mate kjam,o2 xda IIs/i-mate pda2k etc etc

regards
    damo

thanks damo.
    actually i haven't got the atom yet :)

i'm still waiting for reviews of the htc artemis/3300 and the trinity/3600 which are coming out shortly before i decide.

still looking for maximal convergence in a minimal form factor i suppose :P

Advertisement