Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freaky guy where i work

• 15-09-2006 12:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I work in this place that does a steady trade in lunches with people from nearby offices and factories. It doesn't pay great money and i have to work in a nearby pub at weekend ot make ends meet but I like it anyway.

The only thing is that this guy keeps coming in every day. I think he may be stalking me. He's always smiling and waving and it's starting to freak me out just a little bit.

Where i come from we are taught to be polite so naturally i wave and smile back - but never in my usual, outgoing manner. I try to seem shy and generally end up giving him a little embarassed smile.

The thing is - I think he thinks I fancy him and I suspect that he may be about to ask me out or do something corny like handing me his business card. How do i politely turn him down. I'm afraid that if i say no he may take it badly and kidnap me or something?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I think he sounds harmless, that he just has low self asteem. Has he said anything to you yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Marts wrote:
    I think he sounds harmless, that he just has low self asteem. Has he said anything to you yet?

Read the thread below titled "ask".

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

my troll senses are tingling:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054991008
    Damn, petes got in there first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Mention your boyfriend next time he comes in,or if you do get the card, just fon't call him.

Not every bloke is a psycho who will kidnap you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

miles teg wrote:
    my troll senses are tingling:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054991008
    Damn, petes got in there first

Damn, what a Coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

lol, i'm always wary of troll threads here. Can the mods check IP's and see who it really is posting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

I think you are projecting your fantasies onto him.

Your shyness prevents you from taking action.

Its probably you who wants to kidnap him. Leave him alone. He's just a guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

And what part of Poland do U cum from, kochanie ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I suspect this thread was not started in good faith. I refer people to the thread "Ask" already present in this forum.

Therefore I am temporarily locking it. I will reopen it again at the request of the OP if they can demonstrate its validity.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement