Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Licence inflexibility !

Options
  • 15-09-2006 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Just got off phone with Licence Records Office. My licence is due, yet I'm moving abroad shortly for next 6 + months. So I ask can I pay for the time I'll still be here. Answer "No". "If you have TV for 1 day or a year same amount due". Ok, why ? " That's the system, we are flexible on ways of paying, but not on amount due. One fee only, set by the Government".

Now I'm fecked off. If I do pay and I let apartment then at least the tenants will be covered. Well yes, as long as license remains in my name, however I queried if they change cablelink into there name. Will there be a problem then?
    Generally no, although she was a bit vague about this. I suspect they would pursue tenants for new license.

Am I missing something here ? It doesn't make any sense to be so inflexible. So I'm going to have to pay for a license that I'm only going to use for next month. This has really ticked me off.

Comments

Advertisement