Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pinstripe shirt tie

• 15-09-2006 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

can any one tell me what type of tie will go with a pin strip shirt black and white

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

Black, white or silver??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

pink tie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭bubthatub

pink tie are u taking the piss pink is for girls and any man that wears anything remotely pink should be strung up by the short and curlys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

While a pink tie would be horrible and I'm pretty sure he's taking the piss. Pink is not a girls colour(I personally hate pink!), and only a very daring man can wear pink, and for those that do about 15-20% can pull it off. But as for the tie, I would go black or white. If you go with black make sure it's the same shade of black as the shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

A white tie? Yuk. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭katiemac

A plain black tie.
    incidentally, I have seen plenty of men wearing pink formal shirts with cuff links and they look fine. It depends on the man's skin colouring.

I believe they call them "Salmon" coloured:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Really any plain tie [not patterned] in not too bright a colour will look good.

Personally I would go for pink, black [same as the shirt] or maybe white.

It really depends on the shirt and the occasion...your best bet is to try them all and if you're buying a new tie bring the shirt with you;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

il gatto wrote:
    A white tie? Yuk. :eek:

No no, it depends, it always depends. Some white ties look fine(again depending on the colour shirt).

Doomspell wrote:
    No no, it depends, it always depends. Some white ties look fine(again depending on the colour shirt).

What colour shirt do you suggest a white tie would go with? I couldn't imagine. The poster said a black and white pin stripe shirt. A white tie is what people wear on grad night, with a black shirt, black suit and white braces, in an effort to look like a 20's gangster, and end up looking like an extra from Bugsy Malone or Chicago. Again, Yuk!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I have worn pink on occasion, including shirts and ties. If you are worried enough about the way you look to seek advice on a public forum, then grow up a bit as regards what others wear.

bubthatub wrote:
    pink tie are u taking the piss pink is for girls and any man that wears anything remotely pink should be strung up by the short and curlys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

agreed
    Scraggs wrote:
    Really any plain tie [not patterned] in not too bright a colour will look good.

Advertisement