Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Would I be mad?

Options
  • 15-09-2006 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

There's a job vacancy in a company I'd like to work for. Only thing is, I'm in Bray and it's in Blanchardstown. Now on an empty M50, that's a 25 minute journey, what would this journey be at peak times? There's also the toll charge, would you do this for an extra 5K a year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Where's your current job? Is the new job flexi-time? To be honest, no I wouldn't do it for another 5k. That journey is going to be a complete nightmare. I'm doin Blanchardstown to Sandyford and it can take anywhere up to 1hr 10mins leaving my house at 6:30 in the mornin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

dunno, will they give you an easi pass? I come from Bray to Sandyford and I start at 8 to avoid traffic, takes me about 10 mins to get in when I leave at 7.30... then I have some coco pops!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I wouldn't unless you can start and finish early.

Quality Of Life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Depends if you love sitting in traffic! I do Drogheda to Sandyford everyday and spend at least 3 hours a day sitting in traffic either through town or on the M50. Leave at 6.30 to try and beat traffic in and get home at 18.30 - 19.00 everyday.

Bray to Blanch would be a walk in the park in comparison but still going to take a good chunk out of your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

That's enough convincing. Another job in Sandyford I'm interested in. Bray to Sandyford would be no problem. How bad is it though say at around 8.30? Bray to Sandyford is usually freeflowing, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

cormie wrote:
    Bray to Sandyford is usually freeflowing, right?

Until you get in Sandyford which is backed up to buggery with site traffic and a one way system - from about 08.00 to 18.00. Takes 30 mins to escape the estate in the evening and I believe the M50 / M11 merge is a nightmare in the evenings - still, probably better than Blanch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

ye, work 8-4... only thing to do in sandyford. That way you miss the traffic. In the evening if you leave here at 5-5.30 you'll get out about 6-6.15 and then hit traffic from cherrywood too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭stifz

Your mental to accept it.. Not a chance in hell! especially for a mear 5k.. Thats about an extra 200 a month roughly... I live 38 miles from work and drove the m4 for 9mths before i did a 'falling down'. I had a serious accident head on with a truck and it's 30ft trailer due to increased road usage and i clocked 25k miles leaving me to pay for 2 services and all the wear & tare.. 5k would'nt cover your petrol or diesel with the current prices..

I now use a private bus service and it's the ONLY way in which i would stay living so far from work. Trust me. There is nothing more depressing than 1hr 45mins in a car in 1st & 2nd gear. If it was a difference of 10k maybe 15k then it's out weighed but not for 5k.. and unless they put a bus lane on the m50 i'd say you'd be better to cycle..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeh have you considered public transport? Only used to take me 5hrs a day travelling to get from Blanch to Sandyford. Not bad eg :rolleyes:
    From Bray, you could get a Dart into Connolly, a train out to Castleknock, and then either walk into Blanch village, or get a bus out to one of the industrial estates. Easy peesy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭stifz

Ah yes..Quality time, relaxing in the fumes of those around you. Strange.... makes some people rush out to buy the biggest thirstiest beast of a 3.2ltr turbo 4x4?!

madness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Ok, I wont be blanching it anyway. I want a life:o

Advertisement