Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FREE: NTL 250 Modem

• 15-09-2006 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Just got disconnected for overusage so if anyone wants this, dont even know if its of any use to anyone they can have it, i dont need it.

dublin only though

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Jamax

I'll take it if you want.

I can collect anywhere or meet in town.

pm me with details on when does it suit you better.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

afaik.. Its not your property to give away. NTL own all the equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭xbox360dublin

its all yours man, is tuesday ok? i can bring it into town with me, i work there,
    and screw NTL, they cut me off for overusage without giving me any warnings, just a letter saying im gonna be disconnected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Jamax wrote:
    I'll take it if you want.

I can collect anywhere or meet in town.

pm me with details on when does it suit you better.

I don't think that it makes any use to you. I suppose the NTL connection is locked by their internal IPs and MAC address. Again, it is NTL's property of which you could end up paying for giving it away.

Mart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

I was an NTL customer for years on the MMDS system. When I cancelled my contract with them they never bothered removeing the big ugly MMDS aerial from my roof despite many requests to do so and promises from NTL that they would. Now the areial is NTL's property but they never bothered removing it. Seems like NTL suite themselves regarding the equiptment they supply. Personally I would not give NTL any consideration in this matter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Yeah all the modems are identified by MAC address. They lock MAC addresses to accounts. No way that modem is going to be any use to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 HeadOfTheManor

yeah, please, give it away.....the person you give it to wont be able to use it for anything and NTL will probably charge you for it since its their property

can you post a copy of the debt collection letter when you get it? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭_CyRuSS_

true it is their property, but just tell them you paid for it if they give you hassle, they never seem to check

I've been a cable customer with ntl since 2001, and back then we were forced to buy our bulky modems, when the update happened not long ago and they replaced my modem with a ntl 250 modem, the guy was about to take away my modem before i stopped him

I just told him it was mine, i paid for it (which i did) he kinda paused for a moment then pretty much shrugged and gave it to me, didn't bother to check if that was true or not :P just said it was useless to me now since it won't work on the updated network, but ah well :)

and that modem wont be totally useless to him, different mac address yes, but if his modem breaks he can always plug new one in and register the new mac address at ntl, they can do mac changes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

I think to do a MAC change they get a chap around to the house with a new modem anyway

Advertisement