Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Thanks for all the fish (the PMs, the reported posts, the occasional abuse!)

Options
  • 15-09-2006 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

This is just to note to say (if you had'nt noticed) that I've ended my time as moderator on these boards, so if you have anything to moan about don't tell me! :D

Its been fun but as of now I'm just another poster.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

The mod in you will never end...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Thats a pity, you were a fair mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Hadn't noticed you gave back your tin star - hope you will still be as active here and will show pics of your 1997 S500 when you buy it in a year or two...

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Thats very true, Hopefully you will stil be as helpful as always.
    mloc123 wrote:
    Thats a pity, you were a fair mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

AAwww, gotta agree, you were a fair mod. Who is replacng you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

disagreed on a lot... well heck of a lot of things but you were a good mod. This isn't goodbye, you'll be back :p;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

mike65 wrote:
    Hi

This is just to note to say (if you had'nt noticed) that I've ended my time as moderator on these boards, so if you have anything to moan about don't tell me! :D

Its been fun but as of now I'm just another poster.

Mike.
    Awww, why so??? :( Ill be banned in no time under a new mod, you were reasonable to my occosional outbursts/sweeping statements :D
    I suggest you reconsider. Whos the new mod, hopefully someone that knows a thing or 2 about cars with a non political correct personality. If the newbie is like that ill Pm ya, and then you might take up your old roost.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Pity, I have to agree with the rest that you were a fair an everpresent mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Thanks for your all your years of service, Mike. A lot of people don't realise just how much time you've spent policing and indeed contributing to this and other forums. I sure hope you're not giving up the latter! :)

Care to share the reason your hanging up the mod-hats?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Definately one of the best mods on boards over the years i've been here.
    Enjoy your new sinful existance! :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Jason_G_KE30

All the best Mike, hope we haven't lost you over on the Classic side either!!;) You've still got lots more to give to this Forum!!! Beep Beep :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Why are you not the mod here any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Sorry to see you go, Mike (even though you barred me once!).

At least you'll (hopefully) stay posting...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Thanks Mike - you kept the real muppets at bay. Welcome to average user land :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Best of luck Mike. You were a fair mod. Just don't become a stranger on this forum now.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Heh. You'll be back. Oh, and I'll give it 3 hours before you try to ban someone, but relaise you don't have the poweh to do so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Can't say we always saw eye to eye, but you did your very best. Good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Oh dear... which lets Kbannon even more itchy to dole out the bannings heh heh

PS. Now I can REALLY say what I think about Mercs ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thanks for the thoughts. I'll certainly still be around and seeing how long I can hack it as a civilian. ;)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

as others said you kept the muppets at bay, best of luck being one of us.

-VB-

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

As already said Mike was a great mod and somehow, was always around here ready to keep members toeing the line. It will be hard replacing him.
    franksm wrote:
    Oh dear... which lets Kbannon even more itchy to dole out the bannings heh heh
    I lost my banning virginity about 30 minutes ago. It was nice but over too quickly
    :D

Advertisement