Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Comic Con 06

Options
  • 15-09-2006 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

The 3rd Place is very pleased to announce the first annual Dublin City Comic Book Convention.

It'll all be taking place on Saturday the 25th of November in the Temple Bar Music Centre from 9 A.M.

So far confirmed guests are:

Mark Millar, Writer of Marvel Comics Civil War, The Ultimates, Ultimate Fantastic Four, Wolverine, Marvel Knights Spider-Man and many more.

Bryan Hitch, Artist of the Ultimates, The Authority, JLA, Conceptual designer of the BBC series Doctor Who.

Paul Cornell, Writer of Marvel Comics Wisdom, Doctor Who and the upcoming Robin Hood television series.

Trevor Hairsine, Artist of Wisdom, X-Men Deadly Genesis, Ultimate Extinction, Black Panther.

Adi Granov, Artist of Iron Man Extremis, Marvel Comics Cover Artist, Chief Designer on Iron Man The Movie.

Nick Roach, Artist of Transformers spotlight, Transformers Infiltration.

Plus more guests to be announced.

Admission will be a mere 10 euros.

There'll be dozens of tables jam packed with Comic Books, Graphic Novels, Toys, Statues, Posters ect.

Table space is still available, anyone interested in taking a table for the con should contact The 3rd Place on 01 6336964 or email us at: info@irishcomicshop.com

Hope to see you all there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Excellent, i mailed you about a table man let me know what the score is. feckin 9AM! when will i sleep?! Any chance of getting Garth Ennis down seeing as he only lives up the road?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Yeah, this looks like it will kick serious ass. I'll definitely be heading up for it; would be great to meet some folks from the irish comics scene up there as well as, you know, the internationally famous guests they have there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 J Hendrick

bombidol wrote:
    Excellent, i mailed you about a table man let me know what the score is. feckin 9AM! when will i sleep?! Any chance of getting Garth Ennis down seeing as he only lives up the road?

Garth actually lives in New York now.

But he's someone I can look up for next year.:)

Fysh wrote:
    Yeah, this looks like it will kick serious ass. I'll definitely be heading up for it; would be great to meet some folks from the irish comics scene up there as well as, you know, the internationally famous guests they have there :D

I'd love to meet you actually, I think Adam from Drastic will be flying back in from Canada for the weekend too.

Oh and BTW all,

You can add Liam Sharp to the guest list now.

He's Editor in Chief of Mam Tor publishing, artist on Testament, Event Horizon, numorous Marvel progects and the co creator of Deaths Head 2.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Excellent news about Adam being back over, been itching to meet him for ages now but he's too busy actually doing his comics to talk to me these days. Git. ;)

Massive kudos for arranging this, by the way. It's not a challenge many would feel like taking on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

This will be more awesome than a thousand blowjobs!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

That bastard ennis thinks hes better than us now does he! :p This will be excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭thumbninja

Excellent John :)

Between comic cons and napolean dynamite dance matts there's nothing you won't do for comic fans

well.. almost nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

damn it damn it damn it damn it, i work weekends :mad: . still sounds like a great line up so far hope the rest of you guys have a good time. drop in here afterwards and let us know how it went:)

Fysh wrote:
    Excellent news about Adam being back over, been itching to meet him for ages now but he's too busy actually doing his comics to talk to me these days. Git. ;)

Massive kudos for arranging this, by the way. It's not a challenge many would feel like taking on.
    Cheers,

This is actually a full time job in itself on top of running the store.

It's a lot of work but i'm really looking forward to putting it on.

Also folks, we just got word of a potential new guest.

More on this later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Silly question, but are tickets available on the door?

00001y5r00002sz7

scans of the flyer.
    as far as i know its door admission only. No tickets etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I found a poster online after I posted that. It appears to be money on the door alright. Yay, can't wait! Nerd overdose :D

millarworld.tv has to be the maddest feckin website ever. i've tried to register for it at least 5 times and i never got the validation form back. then today i finally got the validation mail and when i sort it all out and try to log in it tells me that theres no user by that name. Argh Fùck

I've registered there twice, once with my name and once with this nick. I didnt get the form back with the nick, and I've forgotten the password for the account I managed to actually set up. It's probably a good thing, I'd lose all my free time on there otherwise...

yeah, it doesnt mail you your username and password which is hugely annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I'm finding it hard to find out anything about the Con at the website. Lots about Lucid Interactive, but not much about the Con ;)

Site will be up soon seemingly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 youngmac

It turns out I'll be in New Zealand for work on the 25th! I was looking forward to maybe getting Ultimates #10 signed. That issue will go down as history as the comic that cemented the fact that Hawkeye was the most bad-ass bastard ever. With or without fingernails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 TAFKASS

Oh, I already sent an e-mail for a table, but didn't catch a reply yet... I need one so badly, I must find out how much it costs to have one...

thelostnumber@hotmail.com
    www.monipodio.net

• Advertisement

if you sent an email i reckon the table is booked. Ring him if you can

yeah, might do that... Or go to his shop directly.
    Does he actually run it? or does he just own it? Don't live too far from Temple Bar.

he runs it. I think he is away for the next week though. best bet is to ring em and check or leave it till next weekend

you mean he wouldn't be in today or tomorrow?

dont think so, could be wrong though so maybe pop in. As far as i know hes gone away for a few days

ok, thanks for the info :)
    by the way, have you got a table there? could you tell me hoe much it costs to have one?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AngryLoner

Well I'm all for getting a posse together to kick Mark Millar's ass for the following atrocities...

Robo-Hunter
    2000ad Summer offensive,
    the worst EVER Judge dredd scripts.

Yes, I do bear grudges.

robo hunter was great

Was never that huge a follower of 200AD or judge dredd so I have to admit that what little I saw of the Summer Offensive and Big Dave made me laugh. But your "Kick Millar's Ass" posse will have to wait until I've gotten him to sign my printout of the Nextwave #11 cover (and possibly pose for a photo while licking a goat)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AngryLoner

bombidol wrote:
    robo hunter was great

It sure was, when written by wagner and grant. But then some idiot handed it over to Mark Millar and eventually Pete Hogan. I understand how muslims get freaked out by comics they don't like :D

Advertisement