Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Comic Con 06

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Who wrote the one in the jungle where they reprogrammed the baby to kill Slade? The dude in the airproof suit was in it. That was great.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Figured this should get a bump, plus I was dead impressed to see the flyers in the window of the first comic shop I found in London! Need to find out whether I'll still be getting a lift up from a certain marker-pen-addict or not, and whether we'll be entering the quiz on the Friday...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Fysh wrote:
    Need to find out whether I'll still be getting a lift up from a certain marker-pen-addict or not, and whether we'll be entering the quiz on the Friday...

I'm stuck in kilkenny until 6 on the firday so not sure if i'll be make the quiz but whats the story on saturday with you guys - are you headin straight back down to cork after the con - is there any offical thing con wise on the saturday night?? I can't really do anything about a comic jam during the con as I've got a table i gotta keep an eye on but was thinking if theres nothing already planned people might be up for pub and jam comics after the con.....thoughts???

also ive got floor space and an air bed if anyone needs somewhere to crash that weekend - sadly my very uncomfortable couch has been broken so i cannot offer that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

I'm up for the jam, kinda my main reason for going to the con. During or after I don't care just give me a sharp pencil/pen and paper and let me fly! Might do something with monkeys this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭thumbninja

flying monkees.. sweeeeet.. never look at davy jones in the same way again.

can't make long after the con (bros 21st). But will be bouncing around at the quiz. sooo you can all feel free to say hello and buy me baileys *hint* *hint*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Anyone got any idea how many people will be at this thing? Or is there a programme of events or anything? There's a few of us coming from Cork for it, really looking forward to it!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

No idea, but it looks like it's gonna be fairly popular by the amount of discussion of it - plus it's being promoted in comic shops in the UK as well as Ireland so I can see quite a crowd turning up.

*me ponders trying to organise some sort of Irish webcomic table for the next con*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

the pen marker addict will be supplying matchbox sized transport again. though i think addict is a bit too strong a word.... not as strong as those pens though :D
    give me a yell during the week to organise ****e

myself and the ginger are heading to a gig sat night but we'll be out and about after it, and defo out for the long haul on friday, wish us luck finding our way back to our friends gaff :)

Fysh wrote:
    No idea, but it looks like it's gonna be fairly popular by the amount of discussion of it - plus it's being promoted in comic shops in the UK as well as Ireland so I can see quite a crowd turning up.

Cool, thanks man. Hope everyone enjoys the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Miss Shelly

Right, I'm in search of a group of people that wont mind me sitting at their Quiz table and annoying them all Friday night...

huhuh?...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I'm sure we could stick you for some of the night at least ;)

Woot! :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i think i'll have to throw jack off the team though, can't have TWO gingers crampin mah style

does anyone know the exact details of teh quiz? i barely know where the con will be

According to this, it's "upstairs in the Bull and Castle Pub at Christchurch". Now, don't expect me to do anything helpful like tell you how to get there, I'm a known pleb when it comes to finding places and revel both in my ignorance and in causing stress for people by annoying them with demands that they take me to the places I want to get to.

:D

(Looking forward to the drive up on Friday yet? Mwhahahaha...)

Tree wrote:
    i think i'll have to throw jack off the team though

Thanks...

Oh oh ! I know where that pup is! ...oh ... wait.. no that was a different pup... ah well.

Well I'm driving up tomorrow... All on my ownio... *sniff*

And I won't kick anyone off a team... So I'll just not participate...
    I'm not good at the whole 'quiz' thing... unless there is a prize for worst answers?

Sod it, Shell, we'll just make our own team. A team comprising totally of gingers! It'll be you, me and...um.

GINGERS OUT! But seriously does anyone have John's phone number?

bombidol wrote:
    GINGERS OUT!

You hurt me. You hurt me so bad :(

I hurt Gingers all the time, dont be offended :) only messing. The Fail crew are gonna try and be at the quiz on fri but we may well be up to our man tits in printing comics for the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

Fysh wrote:
    According to this, it's "upstairs in the Bull and Castle Pub at Christchurch". Now, don't expect me to do anything helpful like tell you how to get there

The Bull and Castle is at the top of Dame St. directly opposite ChristChurch Cathedral. Shouldn't be too hard to find it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭iwhelan

If there - don't forget to pick up a copy of Sancho issue 3 - we're launching it this weekend.

Ian

Argh. Just realised I have made no plans for getting back on sat/sunday. Could be entertaining...anyone fancy giving a sarcastic b*llox a lift back down to Cork on Saturday evening?

*bats eyelids*

None of ye?

Looks like I'll be taking the bus then...

*sigh*

Fysh, you could always wait til Sunday if you think you can handle being locked in a car with a married couple for several hours again... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

why do i have the feeling a pub quiz and session before the convention is a bad idea :D:D

i cant go cause i work weekends but i really hope this is a sucess. be great to make this an annual event, and hell if theres a better place to hold a comic convention than temple bar i dont know one. even the worst comic geek could get laid there !;)

even the worst comic geek could get laid there !;)

\o/ :D

but a ginger comic geek? forget it sweetie, you're stuck w/ me :D

i think i'll be able to herd my pair of nerdfaces along to the quiz so, cheers for the directions. if the spare ginger would like to meet us in town before the quiz gimme a text :)

Tree wrote:
    but a ginger comic geek? forget it sweetie, you're stuck w/ me :D

F*cksakes, would you ever leave me alone! I'm never that desperate...while sober, anyways :o

for that i shall deposit you in abbeyleix on teh way up. i MIGHT collect you on my way back

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what time the quiz starts tonight?

Advertisement