Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balbriggan Cinema Opens!!!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=869

Mods - any chance of moving our active threads over?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

went to see Tenacious D in Screen 5 last nite, great film and great sound/picture once again! (ps. no vertical red lines this time either ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

lollipops wrote:
    ok lads and ladies.dont make me get all flustered again!just behave yourselfs and get along:p and absolutly no more given out about my luvly cinema.any more problems , go to the kiosk and ask for lollipops to sort out the bold chappies!!! now play nicely:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Is this a new service the cinema offers? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

any of you brig heads been to the pavillions yet? the new movies @ swords cinema. Its upstairs next to Argos... can you park in the multistory for late shows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 lollipops

sirpsycho wrote:
    went to see Tenacious D in Screen 5 last nite, great film and great sound/picture once again! (ps. no vertical red lines this time either ;) )

see told ya!!!!!!!!lol tanx chucks ,:D :D

• Advertisement

blastman wrote:
    Is this a new service the cinema offers? ;)

oh god yes!what can i say ,im there to please lol:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MAYPOP

lollipops wrote:
    oh god yes!what can i say ,im there to please lol:D :D

...wait for it...........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I didn't realise it was THAT kind of cinema, must get get a multipass ticket!

Sorry, couldn't resist any longer...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Went to see the around 8pm showing of Deja Vu on Saturday night .
    There were laods of kids being distruptive and loud which was highly annoying but afterwards a member of staff did come over and asked us about it and they did seem concerned,the kids got barred and hopefully next time will be as pleasant as the first time.

blastman wrote:
    I didn't realise it was THAT kind of cinema, must get get a multipass ticket!

Sorry, couldn't resist any longer...

:eek: your very bold

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 fortuna4022

All
    Just to give you a feel of it - try calling the Savoy cinema (01 6905377) for an enquiry or booking - they don't answer the phone, you'll either get an electronic voice over or be left on hold indefinitely !
    Once your there, don't bother bringing your Laser card as they do not accept this, they only take cash (probably for tax purposes !?!)
    This is a shabby little cinema, cannot compete with Swords etc :(

I have paid with credit card over the phone there before,no laser sucks though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

You cant use your laser in Cineworld in dublin city either. It can be a bit of a pain but its not something unique to the Balbriggan cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Balbriggan cinema might not be as good as Swords in terms of comfort or range of films showing but it wins hands down for me by being 10 miles nearer my house!!!!

As regards not taking Laser payments it is probably more about the amount of time it takes to process when theres a queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

No Laser - Is that only new? I remember paying by Laser there before...

For pure convenience, it is really worth it. It's nice to be able to walk to the Cinema instead of having to drive and park (or pay for parking if you're going to Swords).

Swords is a classier cinema, though...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement