Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League Cup Final

• 15-09-2006 4:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

On Monday night, pretty sure Setanta are showing it live, Derry -v- Shels at the Brandywell.

Shels are offering free buses to Derry, if anyone is interested. Too good an offer to turn down if you're free on Monday! http://shelbournefc.com/news.php?id=472

Offer ends today though, so get on the blower!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Cannot wait for this, been a while since a final! ;)

We're missing Joey Ndo through injury, but Alan 'Big Game' Moore is back fit just in time to take up his creative place. Heary is back, but its a few days too soon for Jason Byrne - but Gary's hitting some form again, and Crowe is averaging about a goal a game at the moment. 10 in the last 10 league games I think!

Should be a cracker. Derry looked tired against PSG, and hard to work hard - so hopefully they'll tire early in the second half. Their usual silky skills also vanished against PSG, assuming that was down to the exhaustion levels aswell.

They alwysy give us a good game though, especially on their own patch, I reckon 2-1 Shelbourne.

PaddyPower's odds for the game are here: http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=show_event_by_markets&chosen_ev_id=706687&category=SOCCER&ev_class_id=&disp_cat_id= (Shels 2-1 is 11/1 :)).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Can't come soon enough!!!!

Shels to win 3-1.

Should be a cracking game between easily the best two eL sides this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

ehhmmh! Cork City!!!!:mad:

Have Shels beaten this season?

NO!!!!

Should be a good game. Expect Derry to win, with home advantage!

No, but you're 8 points off the pace in 4th place, and out of all other competitions, averaging less than 1 goal per league game. Apologies for agreeing with the assumption that you aren't one of the TWO best sides this season to date. :rolleyes:

If you're one of the top 2 teams so far, who's the other? Longford?! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    No, but you're 8 points off the pace in 4th place, and out of all other competitions, averaging less than 1 goal per league game. Apologies for agreeing with the assumption that you aren't one of the TWO best sides this season to date. :rolleyes:

If you're one of the top 2 teams so far, who's the other? Longford?! :D

Well i'm sure you are not going to come to Cork at the end of the season for an easy 3 points.

Don't write us off. With O'Flynn back we are a match for anybody.

• Advertisement

Didn't say you weren't, and would never treat any game as easy, especially not away to the reigning (but outgoing! :D) champions.

But so far, the stats all show that Cork City are not one of the top TWO teams this season, no matter how frustrated you get! Shelbourne and Derry, at least, have been superior over the course of the season to date. So what was your origianl complaint about? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Don't write us off. With O'Flynn back we are a match for anybody.

O Flynn is injured again. He came off at half time against Bohs. He didnt look remotely fit in the 45 he played.

However, with the way the fixtures have fallen, I see the City Vs Shels game on Nov 10th as the game which will decide which of these 2 teams will still be in the frame on the last day of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

gimmick wrote:
    However, with the way the fixtures have fallen, I see the City Vs Shels game on Nov 10th as the game which will decide which of these 2 teams will still be in the frame on the last day of the season.

I could have sworn you gave up the chase a few months back! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Dont mind me, I say alot of things. Looking at Citys fixtures until that Shels game, there is no excuse for not winning every single one of them. They are as follows

UCD away
    Bray home
    Longford home
    Bray away
    Sligo home
    Pats away
    Waterford home

then

Shels home
    Derry away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

gimmick wrote:
    Dont mind me, I say alot of things. Looking at Citys fixtures until that Shels game, there is no excuse for not winning every single one of them. They are as follows

UCD away
    Bray home
    Longford home
    Bray away
    Sligo home
    Pats away
    Waterford home

then

Shels home
    Derry away

Cork are out of it, it's between Derry and Shels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Back on topic.

Game is gone to ET, with the Derry City 'keeper, Forde, having been sent off on 85' for a handball outside the box. Some might say harshly - me, I say the ref had no choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Only turned it on for the extra time there. Shels all over Derry, Derry down to 9 men. How heary didnt get sent off- unbelievable.

Derry to win the shootout -Jennings playing brilliantly.

Jennings right on cue- just saved first peno.

What a peno to win it, he roofed it. V. good game, Shels should probably have won it in extra time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

What an incredible match!!!!! :eek:

Not even the ref can beat Derry this season. Wat ever you do dont miss Friday's league match between the two - should be a cracker. Expect a blood bath.

Would say Shels could win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Literally just in the door 14 hours after I left for the Brandywell. Absolutely gutted that we failed to score against 9 men. Once the game went to penos it was always looking to be a Derry win with the host of chances Shels squandered.

Absolutely cracking atmosphere up there, which the travelling Shels support played a huge part in. Small bit of trouble when a glass bottle and coins were thrown our way after Forde's sending off and the usual idiots gesturing in front of us after the game but in general it was in good spirits.

How Richie Baker lasted as long as he did is a mystery. On the other hand, Ollie Cahill was superb, and Greg O'Halloran had a good game in the middle of the park. For them Darren Kelly was outstanding as usual.

Another cracker looms on Friday....

finnpark wrote:

Ha ha very good. Best laugh of the night though was when Davy Scouse mopped his brow with one of the many toilet rolls thrown in his direction in the second half. The Derry fans weren't too impressed but we loved it!!

Couple of vids from just before kick off....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dUb_FggS5M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJnb2Hd1qHE

I also got the penos but not a hope of me puttin them up!!! :D

Xavi6 wrote:
    Ha ha very good. Best laugh of the night though was when Davy Scouse mopped his brow with one of the many toilet rolls thrown in his direction in the second half. The Derry fans weren't too impressed but we loved it!!
    That was comical, good ol' Scouser! :D Didn't make nough/take any chances, didn't deserve to win. Once we win on Friday, I won't lose any sleep over it! :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

God I hate that "easy easy" chant. :mad:

It's not as bad as Derry's "Attack! Attack Attack Attack!" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I like the Derry City chant they do when they have a corner/free kick near the goal.

Drumming, high tempo, then everyone just shouts 'Haaaaaooooooooo'. Sounds great imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

And the way they interrupted "Shelbourne, clap clap clap" with "Sh1t".

Very clever indeed. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Don't get to log in half as much as i used to, so sorry bout back tracking a littke, but gotta say gutted at the result, I felt like that was a big match and picking up the cup was the start of a great season, despite disapointments a few times already this season...

Again, despite the massive progression of the league over recent years, the standard of referreing is as bad as ever, and im sure derry fans will agreee with me on this...

but anyway, gutted at the result, well played derry, good manager, good tactics in extra time (9 players behind the ball :D) and gotta say we blew a great oppertunity..:rolleyes: but such is football.

Best of luck Vs PSG, you have a very good side, I have no doubt you're capable of getting through.

Advertisement