Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flooring / Tiling in a new house ?????

Options
  • 15-09-2006 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭

Looking for advice.

Moved into new house in May. Finally getting around to getting the tiling and wooden floors done.

My question is as follows

Is there any particular order / preference in regards to which task should be done first. Relating to either the floortiles in Hall / Kitchen and the Woooden flooring in the Sitting room / Dining room. Just wondering about the transition / joins between the different rooms.

Whilst I'm posting what opinions do people have on the choice between Solid or Semi Solid wood flooring. Any recommended retailers / fitters.?????

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I think you should start with the areas you use most. These would be the hall, kitchen and living room. Do it to improve your comfort and don't worry too much about the joints as any good tradesman should be able to sort this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

as the risk of stating the obvious, u need to decide on the wooden floor thickness before u lay anything if u want them all to line up.

Personally I would tile first due to dirt etc.

Re type, while not on your list, I prefer a good quality laminate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 propertysue

Agree, it depends on the type of wooden flooring as tiling will add the least amount of height to the floor also have to be carefull with doors if you need to raise the floor for the wooden flooring and front and back PVC doors are the worst, take all this into consideration before choosing the wooden flooring. I'd look at the wooden flooring first and then match the tiling.
    Sue

Advertisement