Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From Bsc General to...?

Options
  • 15-09-2006 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Anyone any suggestions on what I could do to advance a Bsc General degree?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Anyone any suggestions on what I could do to advance a Bsc General degree?
    MSc/MA in what ever takes your fancy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I'm sure you can do a masters without too much problems. The type of masters may vary though because it s ageneral degree, it might be a taught masters with written examinations rather than a research and thesis. Best idea would be to speak to the postgrad office about your options, as a matter of interest whats your degree in?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

You have a B.Sc in "General"??? !

Or do you mean you have an ordinary degree same as anyone, i.e. IT, Arts, Business...?

Pardon my confusion, I've just never heard of a B.Sc in "General".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

BSc general, in UCD parlance, refers to a BSc degree which has been completed in 3 years, and lacks the fourth "honours" year. Achieving a 1st class honours in a BSc general degree is roughly equivelent to achiveing a pass in the 4 year course, in terms of postgraduate opportunities.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

mloc wrote:
    BSc general, in UCD parlance, refers to a BSc degree which has been completed in 3 years, and lacks the fourth "honours" year. Achieving a 1st class honours in a BSc general degree is roughly equivelent to achiveing a pass in the 4 year course, in terms of postgraduate opportunities.
    Should have gone to Trinners, we automatically get an MA for staying alive three years after we graduate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Steveo1983

I think the most common thing is to do an extra year and get an honors degree. Thats what i done anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Steveo1983 wrote:
    Thats what i done anyway.

It obviously wasn't a degree in English...

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

mloc wrote:
    It obviously wasn't a degree in English...
    Ever hear of an idiom?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Ever hear of an idium?
    Ever hear of an idiom :p

sorry

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

J00 correXx0red meh in MOD MODE!!! Argh!

Em...I mean...thanks! Fixed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 insomniac_32

BossArky wrote:
    You have a B.Sc in "General"??? !

Or do you mean you have an ordinary degree same as anyone, i.e. IT, Arts, Business...?

Pardon my confusion, I've just never heard of a B.Sc in "General".

Basically I was studying computer science but didnt get the 55% average to go into 4th year so im to be graduated with a "Bcs General degree".

Advertisement