Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

02 Mondel Glove Box

Options
  • 15-09-2006 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

When I went to open the glove box on my 02 Mondel this morning, something within the latch mechanism appears to have snapped so that the handle is moving, but not opening the lock mechanism!

A call to my local ford dealer says that they have to take out the dash from the car to release catch and then fit a new mechanism etc....

Now the pr1ck said this with a smirk on his face (and his coleage also grinned) in a way that made me think they were selling me a load of bull about dash!

They started talking about family jewels and Ford wanting them to be secure etc! But all said and done, the bloddy thing doesn't have a lock on it (by design).

Anyway, anyone know how I can get it open without a crobar so I can fix the lock myself!

Tx,
    Jab

Advertisement