Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Alternative Broadband" - the wireless company

• 15-09-2006 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

Their Site

Has anyone any experience with this company? Was thinking of signing up for the 512kbps package for 25 euro a month, as I can't get proper broadband where I live.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dathiultaigh

OK I looked at their site at noticed that amongst their product description was a link stating "lower contention ratio" which brought me to another page with a more descriptive details of thier product but with no further details on the contention ratio but it did have another link for "lower contention" ... which yes you geussed it ... it lead to a page with a more descriptive details of thier product including another link for "lower contention" soooo I clicked on this and got to a custom 404 webpage file not found messege ... had a good search on their site and could find no more details on contention ratio other than it depended on your area.

Actually alot of sites links will lead to a 404 messege

Not re-assured at all to say the least.

The packages they offer are quite expensive compared to other ISP's that offer a wimax service (bout 10 euro a month difference if you compare packages). Also there is a first time once off connection charge of over 200 Euro? fuk that

Honestly I never heard of this ISP. Maybe they are a reseller? Would advise to go shopping about before you make a decision - the likes of digiweb, IBB, and clearwire come to mind. There are WiMAX offers out there for a better price and sites that provide you with proper information.

Advertisement