Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback on new site design

Options
  • 15-09-2006 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I decided to re-do my site can anyone have a look at it and let me know what you think http://www.davidstokes.com/_dev/2/

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

I like the feel. Only suggestions would be to consider a different background colour. The grey doesn't work very well with the colours of the main part. Another thing is the graphic with Irish themes. There are three landmarks. The only one visible is the cliffs (!) and the other two can't be identified because of the text. Did you try putting the text at the left side instead? And, last, you may want to make the search keywords white.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭dl

I like it, simple but effective layout... fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I made a change to the image, moved the text and lightened the white,

changed the font colour.

I wasnt sure what grey you where talking about.. Was it the main background? I would have called it blue.. but i'll change it and see how it looks

Zynks wrote:
    I like the feel. Only suggestions would be to consider a different background colour. The grey doesn't work very well with the colours of the main part. Another thing is the graphic with Irish themes. There are three landmarks. The only one visible is the cliffs (!) and the other two can't be identified because of the text. Did you try putting the text at the left side instead? And, last, you may want to make the search keywords white.

dl wrote:
    I like it, simple but effective layout... fair play!

It's a hell of allot better my current one

changed the background to a lighter colour ! what do you think ? any suggestions ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

I will try making the width of the page the least 800px. Put a border arround the main frame so it doesn't look like a plain page on a table. Set body margins to a smaller size (3 px). Move the date more to the right-top corner, it looks out of place at the moment.

In rest I like it, as it says above plain and simple. I don't know about the background, not my cup of tea.

Advertisement