Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well, its that time of year again....

Options
  • 15-09-2006 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

Around here anyways (Dublin 22) the fireworks have started in force.
    Tonnes of kids setting them off in residential estates.

Time to bring all animals inside and begin to prepare for it becomming a very scary few weeks for em all.

Remember, its not just the phsical danger they are in, the noises tend to scare most animals too.

b

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭flynnc

its started here as well. My dog gone mad with the fireworks .I got some tabs from boardwalk pets today it looks like they are working. will keep you up date

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I hate this time of year because of the inevitable stories that will follow about animals suffering.

Are the govt doing enough in legislation to prevent animal cruelty? Me thinks not!

Get onto your local TD :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

i hate fireworks for the effect they have on dogs & cats

cracks me up that people are so foolish to spend good money on these things, and then set them off for weeks before & after the 'traditional' date.

there is a human aspect too ... some autistic people are very startled by loud noises, and fireworks time is a huge stress to them

if i get doorstepped by a politician anytime soon, fireworks are on the agenda:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ah I'm not looking forward to the fireworks this year, our cat is bloody terrified and I get clawed like crazy trying to keep her calm. That said its probably worse in Dublin that where I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I hate fireworks and the idiots that get such joy from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Sizzler wrote:
    I hate this time of year because of the inevitable stories that will follow about animals suffering.

Are the govt doing enough in legislation to prevent animal cruelty? Me thinks not!

Get onto your local TD :)

Sure animals are fearful of many things including thunder. I'd rather see kids enjoying fireworks than booze/dope. That said they'll probably do that also, but hey, you only live once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭popppy

My dog is freaked out by fireworks too, we have nearly a month of it before halloween. Any recommendations to help ? Somebody told me about some herbal tabs you can get from the pet shop....but I can't remembered what it is called. Just wondering if any of you have tried them and how it worked out. Cheers me dears !!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭flynnc

the tabs i got in boardwalk pets called serene -um are working great have really help the dog deal with all the fireworks i think i paid €6.00 for a box of 30

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Imho the main problem with fireworks is that they are illegal. Last year was my first in England and I expected Halloween to be a nightmare as not only are they legal but Halloween, Diwhali and Guy Fawkes all happen over the same two weeks. Yet it was fine. Fireworks were only evident for about three weeks and they were nearly all colourful and quiet, very, very few bangers.

I live in what's considered to be a bad part of London yet I wouldn't consider the fireworks here to be a problem, but in D6 where I lived for 3 Halloweens it was a nightmare for all ov Oct/Nov. That said I'll be making extra sure that my dogs are in and safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭popppy

Thats the ones Flynn.........many thanks, will get some from pet shop tomorrow:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement