Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ASDA - George

• 15-09-2006 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where the closest ASDA / George store to Dublin is ? I assume they are all in the North, but which would be closest, its unclear from their website. Apparently the new range is decent and I am to be ordered on a road trip by er indoors....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Ur headin al d way up der t get cheap clothes?

Good luck with petrol costs and the exchange rate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

No, not heading there to get cheap clothes, heading there because herself saw some stuff in a magazine that she liked and I am doing what I am told for a quiet life.

Man do you have a girlfriend ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

There's an ASDA in Newry afaik. That's just over the border as you head North on the M1 past Dundalk.

Edit: Thought there was, but asked someone I knew who lived near Newry and he said "No". The nearest is actually Kilkeel I think.

You can try looking up the stores near Newry from their website and typing them into AA route finder :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Quigs Snr wrote:
    No, not heading there to get cheap clothes, heading there because herself saw some stuff in a magazine that she liked and I am doing what I am told for a quiet life.

Man do you have a girlfriend ? :)

Whipush!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Piste wrote:
    Whipush!
    ditto

no way in hell my missus d have me on a lead

theres a favour, then theres W'CH!

Im surprised she let you post on Boards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Touche !

Its a two way street though, brownie points can be saved up and used to demand all sorts of filth. You know how it is fellas !

Looks like the closest one is cookstown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Quigs Snr wrote:
    Its a two way street though, brownie points can be saved up and used to demand all sorts of filth. You know how it is fellas !

So it's the brown love he's looking for. I can see why she'd be demanding in that case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Sorry to be so boring as to return to the original topic... :D

Hmm, according to the store locator the nearest store to Dublin is...

Downpatrick Northern Ireland
    Ballydugan Retail Park - Ballydugan Road
    Downpatrick - County Down
    BT30 6DR
    Tel: 028 4461 9606

71.74 miles

Manager: Healey Martin

Opening hours:
    Mon 8am - 9pm
    Tue 8am - 9pm
    Wed 8am - 9pm
    Thu 8am - 9pm
    Fri 8am - 9pm
    Sat 8am - 8pm
    Sun 9am - 6pm

Must admit that for women, GEORGE range seems to be pretty good. Nothing to speak of for men, surprise surprise ;) If you haven't already gone there ring first and make sure they have the item(s) in stock to save yourself a lot of frustration (and get extra filth points for the 'brown' love as Stark put it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

I live in the UK, 10 minutes from an Asda with a George and don't think much of it to be honest. The clothes look great in the adverts but not too good up close. I always see lovey things in magazines and go up but never ever buy anything.
    The shoes and accessories are fine while the jeans are rubbish and ill-fitting.

She's better off going to Tesco (Florence & Fred) or Matalan for better quality at a similar price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 gkellett

i live in cavan and go to Asda in Enniskillen (about 1 hour drive) every week for my shopping as it works out way cheaper even with petrol cost (which in fairness is not a lot for an hour's drive) and you dont have to change your money as they accept euro up there.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

holy old thread, batman!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Bam33

Hi All,

I went to ASDA in Westwood shopping centre on Saturday and found it brilliant value. Stopping sprucefield on the way back for Sainsburys (was much more impressed with ASDA). DOes anyone know if there is an ASDA closer to Dublin than the one in Westwood Shopping Centre? Is the one in Westwood 24hr?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Could always get them online too on their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭mel123

hi, opening an old thread here, but does anyone know for sure where the nearest store is? is there one in belfast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Why don't you perhaps...look on their website? jeez!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

+1 Exactly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

There's one in Yorkgate which is approx 10 minutes (walking) outside Belfast city centre. It's an ASDA home but the bottom floor is just clothes, so they have an excellent selection. They also have great offers on DVDs, games, housewares etc.

Advertisement