Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopping Eircom winback calls

Options
  • 15-09-2006 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

How do I stop Eircom calling me to try and win me back. I will never go back.
    Anyone got any tips to make them leave me alone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Fitzee

Whoever you pay line rental to, call them and ask to be put on the "Register" of people who don't want cold calls like this. They should be happy to oblige and if you still get calls you can make complaints - they should advise you about that too.
    Alternatively just tell them to take you off their list. If they persist after this, you can get them into trouble too...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

data protection commissioner, they use a database do they not?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

on a side note how do we stop other companies ringing us up and trying to get us to go with them

Tbh its an unwelcome intrusion that we neither need or want,

Shin

you have to contact your CURRENT voice carrier and ask to have your number inserted in the NDD database. All telemarketing operators should exclude your number in future. If your current carrier does not do so within 1 week go to the Data Protection commissioner about them

eircom customer ring 1901

If you do get calls complain to the data protection commissioner , especially if you are on the NDD list

also keep a whistle by the phone :p

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mlink73

But what will stop them to knock on your door once a week as currently happening in Cork?

I am sick and tired of having those f*****g Eircom guys at my door evey week. It significantly increased since my number was inserted in the NDD database.

• Advertisement

Complain to the data protection people that you have been singled out for house to house visits BECAUSE you are now on the NDD and they cannot call.

Its harassment by database so it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Bond-007 wrote:
    How do I stop Eircom calling me to try and win me back. I will never go back.
    Anyone got any tips to make them leave me alone?

Get them to write to you with written quotes only. Tell them you are recording the conversations...
    That gets rid of them very quickly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

mlink73 wrote:
    But what will stop them to knock on your door once a week as currently happening in Cork?
    Keep a video camera by the front door. Insist on recording the conversation.

You won't see them for dust.

Us country people who live in dark country areas find that shining a red laser pointer at the window of the eircom van parked outside has wonderous effects .

They drive off in a cloud of dust without ever leaving their vans at all and annoying you.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I hope you are jesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Tell them that you value their call, that they are in a queue and will be dealt with in strict rotation.

watty wrote:
    I hope you are jesting.

No Watty, they drive distinctive vans ( car vans ) with an eircom logo and move around in the countryside after 6pm when the engineers have gone home

An absolute rule of country living is

eircom logo on van + guy in suit + after 6pm = WINBACK = get laser out quick before he wakes the chilters .

Mindya they have not visited me in about 3 years now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I think they don't know how to find my house. Would explain the long delay on line repair. I live kindof in Country side. I can see DELL 6 or 7km away across the fields.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Sexy Girl

I used to work for eircom doing Winback and to be honest if you really want them to stop calling you on the phone then be really really nice to them when they ring you and tell them that its nothing personal but your not interested in coming back because if your not nice then they'll just re-schedule a call back for you... its sad but a very very true fact.

Thank god I no longer work in Eircom and found a proper job in the real world

Advertisement