Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Jacobs Jaffa cakes

Options
  • 15-09-2006 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭

Howdy all,
    So... I'm just back from the shops and as usual I got myself a pack of JACOBS jaffa cakes as thay are by far the nicest. Anyways I noticed the box was a bit different and pondered if they'd actually changed them.

Has anybody tried these out yet? Their terrible!!!! I can't put my finger on it but their absolutly nothing like what they used to be. It's like their too fresh and the chocolate is like on the Mcvities jaffa's, a fair bit thicker.

I won't be buying jacobs jaffa's again, sadly. I might try and find a few of the old packs in shops while they still have them. Haha how sad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

They taste too much like orange Chomps.

That is a bad thing.

It's back to roughing it with McVities' 300g €1.49 packs for me.

"If it ain't broke, don't violate it with a stanley knife"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!
    they have changed an already perfect biscuit. I'm just gald i've a double box at home, Also last ime i was in dunnes in cornelscourt they had lots of the old one's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

No no no no noooooo! Tell me this a wind-up, how could they try to improve the perfect Jaffa cake. I'm in Engerrland so only get the sub-standard McVities here. Will be back in a few weeks so I'll any locations on where the old ones are still sold will be gratefully accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Nope Lidls jaffa cakes are far superior, Jacobs jaffa cakes are dry and miserable with the jam.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

does anyone else eat the sponge first then break off the choclate in 2 pieces then eat the orange centre on its own? best ever......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Yup that's usually what I do. Or.. just throw the whole thing in my mouth ha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Has anyone noticed the change in the last while??. ... yuck! Sooo sweet.

I could have easily eaten a full pack but now after nibbling through one l just want to throw the rest in the bin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The last while? Thread is dead 8 years. I'm sure the former posters can't even remember what they tasted like. :)

Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement