Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fancy joining a sea fishin club??

Options
  • 16-09-2006 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

The AGM of Galway Bay Sea Angling Club takes place on Wednesday 27th Sept at 8pm in Bodkins Bar.

try something different, meet new people(we are all a bit mad really)

regular competitions and outings...

one of the juniors that joined this year is now on the Irish team :):)

there's more to sea fishing than sitting down looking at a rod :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Hey
    My girlfriend an I have been threatening to start shore - fishing for ages and I think it's about time we did something about it.
    Just wondering what gear a beginner would need?
    Also, would we be out of our depth joining the club or are there other newbies? We have coarse fished before but not a lot and we'd love to shore fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

hamsterboy wrote:
    Hey
    My girlfriend an I have been threatening to start shore - fishing for ages and I think it's about time we did something about it.
    Just wondering what gear a beginner would need?
    Also, would we be out of our depth joining the club or are there other newbies? We have coarse fished before but not a lot and we'd love to shore fish.

newbies always welcome...

if you are interested come along to the AGM, there will be a bit of club bussniess first, but before and after that you'll be able to meet with members and the commitee (i'm on the commitee) who will point you in the right direction all the way....

sea fishing is a different kettle of fish compaired to coarse fishing... but dont let that worry you..

the best gear to star shore fishing would be a 12' beachcaster and a suitable reel ( get a reel with a long shallow spool, rather than a deep narrow spool.. the line flows easier making for better cast)

you'll find galway can be expensive for buying rods and reels... most of us get our stuff online or from around the country...

also check out http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org for any other info about sea fishing around ireland, we are all very helpful on there...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Thanks for the reply stevecrow74.
    I'll defo pop along on Wednesday night. Maybe I'll see you there and maybe pick your brain!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I'm well interested too..although can't make it Wednesday...

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

I'm well interested too..although can't make it Wednesday...

no worries there,

you can inquire about the club in corrib tackle... or
    contact us through the website

http://www.geocities.com/galway_bay_sea_angling_club/

or if i know i'll be fishing locally i'll put a post up in here, so you can calldown for a chat...

• Advertisement
Advertisement