Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fovea Hex

Options
  • 16-09-2006 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know if any of you are familiar with Fovea Hex but if you're not I suggest you go here and check out the samples. Fovea Hex is essentially an Irish woman by the name of Clodagh Simonds (who's worked with Mellow Candle, Thin Lizzy, Current 93 and Mike Oldfield, don't let the latter turn you off!) and she has an impressive revolving line up of a group around her. The music is minimalist, droney, folk, soundscapy and just plain magic. I can't really describe it but it's like nothing I've heard previously.

She's released two EPs so far, the featuring Brian and Roger Eno, Roger Doyle, Percy Jones, Carter Burwell, Cora Venus Lunny, The Hafler Trio and Colin Potter (amongst others). I've picked up each of them as they've been released and I must say they are incredible. The third (and final) EP of the series should be appearing soon if my spidey senses are tingling correctly, I thought that a heads up is in order. I cannot recommend Fovea Hex enough. I'm listening to the two EPs again tonight and decided to share as more people need to hear this.

Advertisement