Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gripe about the gigs/events forum

Options
  • 16-09-2006 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

it seems like nearly once every 2 or so weeks, there's a post in the gigs/events forum asking how to get into 18+venues/events illegally(as in for underage people). now im not the biggest fan of this particular law, but its still the law and intentionally breaking the law in this manner not only is irresponsible but is dangerous for not only the venue and its staff(they can get fined for(or worse get their license taken away) for serving underage kids alcohol) but in case of live events it can damage the promoter(especially small ones, like u:mack & Dublin metal events among others) and its something i feel strongly about.

im fairly sure asking where to purchase/how to make fake ID's is banned on Boards as a whole, so i dont see why this matter isnt aswell
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Generally asking for help breaking the law is banned site wide. Please report any instances of this and we'll look at them.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Your sig confuses me in the light of this thread.

DeV.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Right, I've had enough ironing for one day.

OP, if you see threads like this, make sure you report the post. It's not always that obvious to moderators where there's a potentially dodgy thread/post and in a busy forum like that, it can be difficult to get through every single post that comes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Aside from the fact that these "can I get into x gig underage?" type-posts crop up on a regular basis, and should be stopped for that reason, I've never had the notion of deleting these sort of threads.

If the admin would like me to ammend the Charter against this sort of discussion, let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

OP, if you see threads like this, make sure you report the post.

I shall do in future, thanks!

Oh and dont mind my sig, it was just a joke. Ive removed it anyhow.

• Advertisement

Freak, I'm not too bent out of shape about such things but would rather it wasnt discussed even though we arent doing anything particularly wrong. Asking advice on how to break the law isnt something I want becoming a gray area and it doesnt really add to the forum (not to mention its pretty much off topic as it doesnt have to do with the Gig/Event directly but rather how to thwart the guards). I dont want to be a killjoy but theres an age limit for a reason too...

DeV.

Advertisement