Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Family Problems

• 16-09-2006 2:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My g/f has problems with her family (just her brother), and I have problems with my family (my mother).

We are all catholic and most have adopted a christian attitude about us living together. (Now one year).

While not everybody was happy about this initially - the true biggots have emerged from the woodwork!

That said my mother (seems) to appear to be coming around - only to find her brother clouding it all by coming around (after 6 months).

My mother invited us both for a meal tomorrow-night - simultaneously her brother calls by, (after 6 months) and gives her (my g/f simply bull****).

My mother doesn't live here most of the time - he does.

My vote is to give my mother a chance and to blast him out of it.

I qualify this with he lives only 10 km from her/us and has little/no contact within 6 months. He appears out of nowhere and just upsets my girlfriend with "When is he going to marry you?". There are reasons why yet not.

It is none of his business.

My mother wants to know merely when we are going to split up?

Just two bad apples in both families barrels; just do our head in!

Anyone experienced this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

No, haven't heard of anyone who has had this kind of a problem either tbh. Sounds like you need to put the foot down and put two people in their box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

op: I am a little confused on the detail. here due to your choice of words.

you use the words coming round in 2 completly different contexts so I have edited the post to be a little more readable.

Before u blow me off for doing this I had an almost exact match here but want to be sure I have it right
    My g/f has problems with her family (just her brother), and I have problems with my family (my mother).

We are all catholic and most have adopted a christian attitude the combo of Cath/christin attitude in Ireland never ceases to amaze me such hypocrisyabout us living together. (Now one year).

While not everybody was happy about this initially - the true biggots have emerged from the woodwork!

That said my mother (seems) to appear to be getting used to the idea- only to find her brother clouding it all by calling round for the first time in 6 months.

My mother invited us both for a meal tomorrow-night - simultaneously my g/fs brother calls by, (after 6 months) and gives my g/f simply bull****.

My mother doesn't live here most of the time - he does.

My vote is to give my mother a chance and to blast him out of it.

Blood is thicker than water so this is your natural instinct.

I qualify this with he lives only 10 km from her/us and has little/no contact within 6 months. He appears out of nowhere and just upsets my girlfriend with "When is he going to marry you?". There are reasons why yet not.

It is none of his business.

My mother wants to know merely when we are going to split up? none of her business either

Just two bad apples in both families barrels; just do our head in! what is critical here is ur gf's relationship with her brother, she must decide to cut him off and u decide to cut ur mother off. if u try and influence her or vica versa it can get messy

Anyone experienced this?
    Yes

My g/f and I just cut off both parties, it took a while for each of us to get used to it but at the end of the day it was the easiest thing to do.

the issue with u and your gf is not the living in sin bit, ur mother does not think ur gf is good enough for u.

Life is too short for this sort of BS

Advertisement