Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought an apartment - 2 months and still no contracts

Options
  • 16-09-2006 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

Well as the title said ... the apartment is new and went sale agreed in mid July.

We have our booking deposit in but have heard nothing since. All the contact has been from us ringing to find out what is going on.

All we keep getting is that the contracts are on the way!?

There is 3 apartments in the building, its not 100% finished but just a few plaster bits need to be finished and its ready to be snag listed.

Is there anything I can do to speed them up? Anyone had similar experiences or tips?

I'm getting quite frustrated as my current place has sold and I am holding them off so I wont be homeless while I wait for the new place?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

STaN wrote:
    Well as the title said ... the apartment is new and went sale agreed in mid July.

We have our booking deposit in but have heard nothing since. All the contact has been from us ringing to find out what is going on.

All we keep getting is that the contracts are on the way!?

There is 3 apartments in the building, its not 100% finished but just a few plaster bits need to be finished and its ready to be snag listed.

Is there anything I can do to speed them up? Anyone had similar experiences or tips?

I'm getting quite frustrated as my current place has sold and I am holding them off so I wont be homeless while I wait for the new place?

From my own experience it took about 8 weeks or a bit more before I got my contracts when I put my booking deposit down. Took another month then to get them back from the other side.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

This is quite normal, can take a few months. Although do persist with your calls etc.

Advertisement