Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASP Mail Problem

Options
  • 16-09-2006 4:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi can you help me regarding my problem because I created a ASP mail script but I dont know what is the problem with the script because I never receive email when I used it. This is the script:

email = request.form("email")
    user = rs.Fields("login")
    pass = rs.Fields("password"

Set Mailer = Server.CreateObject("SMTPsvg.Mailer")
    'put the webmaster address here
    Mailer.FromName = "email@domain.com"
    Mailer.FromAddress = request.form("email")
    Mailer.RemoteHost = "localhost"
    Mailer.Subject = "Password Request"
    Mailer.BodyText = "Per your request your account login information is: " & vbCrlf & vbCrlf _
    & "Username=" & user & vbCrlf _
    & "Password=" & pass & vbCrlf

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Who is your code being sent to? Add in a recipient...
    Mailer.AddRecipient "John Smith", "jsmith@anotherhostname.com"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 deks_x

I want to get the recepient address in the request form kindly check my Mailer.FromAddress = request.form("email") if this one is correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

deks_x wrote:
    I want to get the recepient address in the request form kindly check my Mailer.FromAddress = request.form("email") if this one is correct?
    Surley for the recipient's address it should be something like Mailer.ToAddress = request.form("email"). Although that would seem kinda weird too as the recipient address would usually be hard coded in the script.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I presume you are using ASPMail
    I think then it would be as follows:
    Mailer.AddRecipient Request.Form("login"), Request.Form("email")

however, if this form is going to be available to everyone then it will be subject to spammer attack!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 deks_x

Thanks for you help!

• Advertisement
Advertisement