Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wing mirror kicked off

Options
  • 16-09-2006 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Some b@st@rd kicked off my wing mirror yesterday. It was the mirror on the footpath side so it could'nt have been a car. Why would anyone bother doing this?! The area I was parked is a fairly posh area too.

I still have the mirror, it was placed on the roof of the car (someone else must have seen it on the ground and put it there for me).

It's a '95 Civic...how much is this going to cost me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

Wa*kers.

I'm pretty sure you can pick up a civic mirror cheaply, lots of civic owners change the standard ones. Put a wanted post up in the modified section, I'm sure the mods wont mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Had the same thing done to me last year - woever did it knocked the mirrors off a row of cars.

Your local scrapyard may well have a mirror, and possibly in the right colour. Otherwise try ebay - I got a new mirror for a friends rover on there fairly cheap.

Was your mirror electric or manual? And is your car a 2,3,4 or 5 door (the doors are different sizes, but I'm not sure about the mirror fitments).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

How hard is it to fit a new mirror? I know very little about cars.

Its a manual mirror, on a 3 door Civic.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Most breakers yards will have them.

I know there are loads of them in Kilcock. You more then likely will get the same colour.

You wont find an ignition barrel in 99% of them though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Is your mirror colour-coded (ie is the car a Jap import)? Scrapyard is the best place if so. I actually found that the ordinary black pastic ones are rare in breakers, and had to buy a new one from a main dealer.

Dealer price is approx 143 euro for the whole unit, but you can buy individual parts of you don't need the whole thing.

Fitting is simple enough, if you know how to work a screwdriver! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement