Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nigerian Politicans caught up in anti corruption scam.

Options
  • 16-09-2006 12:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

From

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/5348208.stm
    Nigerian candidates in graft con A number of Nigerian politicians have been conned out of thousands of dollars by people selling papers purporting to certify them as "corruption-free". The scam follows a warning by Nigeria's anti-graft agency EFCC that anyone guilty of corruption would be banned from contesting next year's elections.
    Conmen have been impersonating agency officials, donning dark suits to look the part.
    But the EFCC says certificates are never given to those free of suspicion.
    The BBC's Alex Last in Nigeria says that although the episode is embarrassing, it does go to show that the anti-corruption drive is seen as a real threat by some Nigerian politicians.
    Nigeria is seen as being one of the most corrupt countries in the world.
    The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has asked the public to inform on anyone who claims to work for the agency who demands money for services.

What a jolly wheeze, I must start ringing our FFers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I changed your title because the story has nothing to do with FF, I suggest you put up some more comments on the story itself before I bin this thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

gandalf wrote:
    I changed your title because the story has nothing to do with FF, I suggest you put up some more comments on the story itself before I bin this thread.

I'll put the same comment back up again so

"The Average FF Councillor IS This stupid"

I see a money making opportunity here :p

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is this possibly defamatory to Nigerian politicians to associate them with FF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Not if you don't name them!

Advertisement