Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

plastic macs in muji Chatham St

• 16-09-2006 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭

Has anybody seen or bought the plastic macs for sale in Muji. My friend told me about them but I haven't had a chance to visit them.
    Appparently they come in black and white and you can shorten the sleeves or length yourself by cutting cerated lines on the sleeve and at the bottom.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Ohh sounds nice, I like Muji but I didn't know they did clothes. I've been looking around for plastic macs and haven't seen them anywhere so I'll have to give the Muji ones a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭katiemac

I have seen plastic macs in Michael Guineys, North Earl Street selling for €5. Good value. However, the material is very light.
    Dunnes and Penneys used to sell the long see thru macs which were great.
    What type of mac are you looking for? Is it for everyday use or long rainy walks?

Everyday use really, I don't like normal raincoats as I think they're very ugly looking, and my winter coat isn't rainproof at all so I'm looking for something stylish I can walk around town in without getting me wet.

Well I am not sure that plastic macs are exactly stylish! More practical I would suggest. They are basically long, 3/4 length with hoods and pockets with popper fasteners. Definately not stylish.
    Have you tried Michael Guineys or Muji?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Muji raincoat
    ^^Thats the one you're talking about in black, its also available in clear.

• Advertisement

Well I think vinyl macs are very snazzy! But I can't seem to find any around the place :(

what do you think of the muji macks? I bought one on Monday afternoon as it was raining heavily. Very nice. more rubber than platic I would say. They were nearly sold out.
    I wore it around town and it was nice and soft and very waterproof. Certainly very good value for just €12.50. I mean I agree with you I don't like those big, heavy Goretex jackets. You'd swear the wearers wear going on a mountain trek. I also can't stand people who wear big, heavy sailing jackets when they aren't on a boat or yacht.
    Have you bought any wellies yet?

I have, I got a lovely piar in office, black with red and purple flowers on them- very cute!

have u worn your wellies yet?

Nope, haven't really had the chance, I haven't been out in the rain yet thankfully, it was lashing in school on Monday but stopped just before I went home.

• Advertisement

would u wear them to school if it was lashing rain? Or are they just for festivals.

I'd wear them to school, of course I'd have to change out of them once I arrived at the school, but I'd definitely wear them to and from school and around town.

Has anyone seen the plastic raincoats in Muji store Chatham st, Dublin? They are really nice and come in clear plastic or black.

Advertisement