Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XII sequel

Options
  • 16-09-2006 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q3-2006/091306a.html

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2006/1449.html
    Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings is another DS-based RPG, centering around Final Fantasy XII's protagonist Vaan and his girlfriend Panelo. The duo will embark on a new adventure, taking them to a floating continent.

Jaysus, would you look at that. They're getting mad into their sequels aren't they? Altough if it's half as decent or entertaining as X-2 I'll be an exceptionally happy camper. If it's along then lines of DOC, well then I'll be a disgruntled camper.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Hmmm, im guessing then that neither of those of those characters get killed off in the first game..

Probably best to avoid sequel news until i actually play the first game :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I hope they don't camp it up like the awful FFX-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

It sounds really camp to be honest with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

wish they would just re-do ff7 goddamn it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Cunny-Funt wrote:
    wish they would just re-do ff7 goddamn it

Oh god yes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Releasing FFVII on psp would make squenix several dozen olympic size swimming pools of money, and possibly cause the PSP to outsell the DS for a couple of weeks. Really not sure why they don't seem all that keen on it...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It will probably be released with the PS1 emulator whenever Sony get round to it. If Advent Children is anything to go by I'd rather SquareEnix didn't bastardise FFVII with a remake.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    It will probably be released with the PS1 emulator whenever Sony get round to it. If Advent Children is anything to go by I'd rather SquareEnix didn't bastardise FFVII with a remake.

True, the best way FF7 is going to be re-released is when the PSONE emulater comes out on the PSP and download it onto it. Otherwise it wouldn't be great, with Square adding stupid bells and whistles. The game is fine the way it is, apart from graphics of course. Although I am hoping for something FF7 to come out on my DS...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I say they just remake the game on the ps3 (which would give me one reason to buy it), with Advent Children-like graphics and redone fmv's, without changing anything...and i mean anything. Exact same story, exact same battle system, exact same character interaction. Then i'd be a happy camper.

Its what about 90% of the final fantasy fan base want, so i dont see why they dont do it.

A decent translation this time would be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd almost prefer they just left it in japanese, and just did subtitles, with a proper translation, rather then the usual square-enix one.

I have never liked the american voices used in games, ever. Try listening to the Onimusha 3 trailer in Japenese, then in English. Or Shenmue. Or FFX, where only Auron had a decent voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Kiith wrote:
    I say they just remake the game on the ps3 (which would give me one reason to buy it), with Advent Children-like graphics and redone fmv's, without changing anything...and i mean anything.

Yeah but what are the chances of them leaving it untouched? Pretty slim I'd say. Somebody will have a bright spark to "upgrade" the battle system or something.

**imagines a "Tap X as fast as you can to save Aeris!" section** :rolleyes:

Kiith wrote:
    I say they just remake the game on the ps3 (which would give me one reason to buy it), with Advent Children-like graphics and redone fmv's, without changing anything...and i mean anything. Exact same story, exact same battle system, exact same character interaction. Then i'd be a happy camper.

Its what about 90% of the final fantasy fan base want, so i dont see why they dont do it.

So I take it you have seen this then...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNcYgnQpN0k

When I saw that, I was totally for a remake. Still am, but not as hopeful now...
    Also I would have to dish out for a PS3...

**imagines a "Tap X as fast as you can to save Aeris!" section** :rolleyes:

Oh, how we love Square's bs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Kiith wrote:

I'm with you 100% on this. & yeah ive seen that tec vid a year ago. Theres been no confirmation on a re-make yet (as far as I know)

Cunny-Funt wrote:
    I'm with you 100% on this. & yeah ive seen that tec vid a year ago. Theres been no confirmation on a re-make yet (as far as I know)

That's true, there's been no official confirmation of any kind. The closest thing we've had was some cryptic bs one of their press release guys which could have been interpreted in any number of ways.

If I was them I'm pretty sure I'd be negotiating with Sony regarding some of "bonus" for announcing the game prior to the PS3 launch or once a big shipment is made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

In a way I'd like to see a remake of FFVII, but when I think about it, it would ruin it.
    Even if they did leave the whole gameplay completely untouched they'd still add voices to the characters. I don't want voices, I prefer imagining whatever voices I want. Leave a piece of art as it is. You wouldn't see someone putting a big smile across the mona lisa.

Also, I don't want any more sequals. It's bad enough that there's a FFVII one coming out.

bluto63 wrote:
    Also, I don't want any more sequals. It's bad enough that there's a FFVII one coming out.

Two spin-offs if we want to get technical.

Advertisement