Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get a scythe?

Options
  • 16-09-2006 1:49pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to get hold of a scythe and a whetting stone. No, it's not for Hallowe'en and it's not for "decoration", I really want to use it to cut some long grass in my garden. Yes, I do know how to use one. :D

Does anyone know where I can buy one/ does anyone have one that they are not using? I'm based in the South Sligo/ North Mayo area. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Irish Gardener

Hello New Home.
    Your local farmers co-op should be able to sort you out with a scythe.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Thanks for that, Irish Gardener.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

New Home wrote:
    I'm trying to get hold of a scythe and a whetting stone. No, it's not for Hallowe'en and it's not for "decoration", I really want to use it to cut some long grass in my garden. Yes, I do know how to use one. :D

Does anyone know where I can buy one/ does anyone have one that they are not using? I'm based in the South Sligo/ North Mayo area. Thanks.
    North Mayo: they wont let u into CP tomorrow to cut the legs out from under Kerry:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,415 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

try a hardware store most seem to stock then (old-fashioned better)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

You will probably have better luck in an agricultural supplies type of place. I don't think I've ever seen them in ordinary hardware shops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭Murt10

I would imagine these shops would be a good place to look.

http://www.connachtgold.ie/connachtgold/Main/HomePage.inc

Advertisement