Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's not all that bad after all... (Recent Horror films that are good.)

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ah I'll wait untill it's for sale so.

hopefully some del toro goodies on the dvd, hes good for extras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

faceman wrote:
    hopefully some del toro goodies on the dvd, hes good for extras.

Yeah, he's fairly indepth alright. I'm just sorry I didn't wait for the big special edition of Hellboy. Might nab it and sell the old 2 Disc one.

The DVD is a two disc set so expect so very nice goodies. I know he recorded a commentary for the film and Doug Jones said that some of his video diaries would be included.

Amazon have an exclusive edition with a slip case and art cards, it's the same price as the retail version. I'm after preordering my copy.

For anyone who does'nt own Del Toro's other masterpiece, The Devil's Backbone then there's a box set including Pan's Labyrinth, Cronos and The Devil's Backbone. Three of my favourite films ever, and threee films everyone should see.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I just checked the UCI cinemas in dublin and as follows for Director's chair:

Pan's Labyrinth:
    06/03/07 - Blanch
    13/03/07 - Coolock
    13/02/07 (coming tuesday!) - Tallaght

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

The DVD is a two disc set so expect so very nice goodies. I know he recorded a commentary for the film and Doug Jones said that some of his video diaries would be included.

Amazon have an exclusive edition with a slip case and art cards, it's the same price as the retail version. I'm after preordering my copy.

For anyone who does'nt own Del Toro's other masterpiece, The Devil's Backbone then there's a box set including Pan's Labyrinth, Cronos and The Devil's Backbone. Three of my favourite films ever, and threee films everyone should see.

If Cronos is any good, it looks like I'll be buying that box set. Saw Pan's Labyrinth at the Kino and loved every second of it, and then checked out Devil's Backbone and loved that as well.

Once you've seen the film, have a read of this interview with Del Toro. Some interesting points in it, although spoilers galore if you haven't seen it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

yeah is cronos any good?

Fysh wrote:
    If Cronos is any good, it looks like I'll be buying that box set. Saw Pan's Labyrinth at the Kino and loved every second of it, and then checked out Devil's Backbone and loved that as well.

Once you've seen the film, have a read of this interview with Del Toro. Some interesting points in it, although spoilers galore if you haven't seen it yet.

Cronos is excellant. Unlike most vampire films, Cronos establishes it's own mythos and doesn't follow the clcihes on which other vampire films have become so reliant on. Like all of Del Toro's work it's best to watch knowing as little as possible beforehand.

It also established the relationship between Del Toro and Ron Perlman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Yeah, he's fairly indepth alright. I'm just sorry I didn't wait for the big special edition of Hellboy. Might nab it and sell the old 2 Disc one.
    Do, it's excellent. I'm not always a huge extras buff, but I watched just about everything on the SE.

Play.com have an exclusive DVD release of Pan's Laybrinth also. The boxset is also consderably cheaper than amazon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement